Can you upgrade your experience without changing your room? (F to A)

TupeloHoney

Our cruise on Orchestra is sold out. But my sister-in-law wants to upgrade from Fantastica to Aurea. Is that possible even if she can't change her cabin because they are all sold out?

We are a group traveling in 4 cabins. Two of us had to upgrade to Aurea a couple months ago (we needed to move cabins and that was the only option to get two of the cabins near each other). At the time, my sister-in-law could have also upgraded, but they don't drink alcohol and they won't use the spa, so it didn't make any sense. But now she's realizing there is no soda package (is there? I'm not finding one either) - that if they want unlimited soda they need to buy a package that includes alcohol anyway. And also they want any time dining. So now she wants to upgrade. Can they?

Thanks!

I can only speak on my experience in looking at booking options on Seaside. I would assume it is similar on other ships....But then again we are talking MSC here (lol)

It appears the experiences are capacity controlled.... and they try to limit to the cabins which have been designated for each experience. For example I can't chose an Aurea cabin location and downgrade the experience cost to a Fantastica. I have heard other passengers who got an Aurea experience in a group of cabins which was designated for Wellness?!

Of course you can upgrade to the unlimited drink package...but then you still wouldn't get the Aurea experience perks that you appear to be looking for.

My suggestion would be to check regularly....Do a dummy booking on a Internet site and see what cabins come up and then request a cabin change if an Aurea opens up. You will see alot of cabin activity as the final due date for payment approaches...Sorry just saw your cruise is scheduled in March....but cancellations still do occur

The simple answer is: No.

You can purchase soda packages onboard (though they incur a 15% charge).

You don't indicate what region you're booking from, or what date you're travelling. If you furnish those details, perhaps others could check if availability is showing in their market. I was once told by an MSC rep that they can request a cabin from stock that has been allocated to another region.

On Irish site Aurea is available all dates in March

I wouldn't quote the Irish site in cases like this, Nomad. Just because there are prices quoted, doesn't mean there's availability. We're one of the only markets that can't book online so the information doesn't have to be as clear-cut. That's why I mentioned the UK site.