Preparing for first cruise

Mumstaxi

I don't know that port, but most are fairly easy to DIY...but you MUST research your ports! Get a guidebook or google it...see what's there and then you can decide. A guidebook is great for learning EVERYTHING...transportation modes, distances, food/drink, safety, beaches, shopping, etc....

The port is at the north end of the beach, far from the attractions of Agadir and it takes 10 minutes by taxi to 35-45 minutes by foot along the coast road to get to the central beach which is the best part. The town is beyond the central beach. The cruise lines typically offer a 6 to 8 Euro transfer to the town. Also, be aware, there are no facilities at the port. There are maps at this site that highlight the touristic spots in Agadir as well as detailed advice for visitors. http://www.orangesmile.com/travelguide/agadir/high-resolution-maps.htm

The port is at the north end of the beach, far from the attractions of Agadir and it takes 10 minutes by taxi to 35-45 minutes by foot along the coast road to get to the central beach which is the best part. The town is beyond the central beach. The cruise lines typically offer a 6 to 8 Euro transfer to the town. Also, be aware, there are no facilities at the port. There are maps at this site that highlight the touristic spots in Agadir as well as detailed advice for visitors. http://www.orangesmile.com/travelguide/agadir/high-resolution-maps.htm

Thank you -this is most helpful.

We did Agadir from Marella Discovery 2 in October 2017.

Didn't book anything beforehand. When we disembarked , there were plenty of taxis available.

We chose a taxi van, as there were 6 of us. Took a two hour tour around for 60 Euros. Tour ended up being 2.5 hours as we spent longer at beach area .(and paid driver extra)

Taxi driver very keen to explain he was taking us everywhere the Tui tour visited,.. at a fraction of the price...but he was good,

We saw the hotel area, an Argan Oil factory, Cathedral, Small souk...market area where they made a pot.crocodile for 6 yr old, leather goods, scarves etc, Beach area and a hilly area with camels and stalls that had some history but I can't really remember what it was, but nice enough.

Agadir had not been on my'must visit' list of places. I am glad to have seen what I saw, but wouldn't want to rush back.

We did Agadir from Marella Discovery 2 in October 2017.

Didn't book anything beforehand. When we disembarked , there were plenty of taxis available.

We chose a taxi van, as there were 6 of us. Took a two hour tour around for 60 Euros. Tour ended up being 2.5 hours as we spent longer at beach area .(and paid driver extra)

Taxi driver very keen to explain he was taking us everywhere the Tui tour visited,.. at a fraction of the price...but he was good,

We saw the hotel area, an Argan Oil factory, Cathedral, Small souk...market area where they made a pot.crocodile for 6 yr old, leather goods, scarves etc, Beach area and a hilly area with camels and stalls that had some history but I can't really remember what it was, but nice enough.

Agadir had not been on my'must visit' list of places. I am glad to have seen what I saw, but wouldn't want to rush back.

Excellent information.