coastal kitchens

I believe this is directed at me so I will respond...I think they should take CK away from JS for Oasis class due to all these problems. And yes, pay more get preferred treatment. (By the way, I'm hardly the first to point this out-and now you want to use that preferential treatment to your advantage-------pretty hypocritical)

So much drama over eating dinner and getting our feelings hurt and the nightmares and the headaches...........oh my!

Also, JSs cost a lot more than regular balcony cabins so your suggestion that they take CK dinner away from folks like us who book JSs (on OA class partly because of being able to have dinner in CK) is a bit insulting.

Also, JSs cost a lot more than regular balcony cabins so your suggestion that they take CK dinner away from folks like us who book JSs (on OA class partly because of being able to have dinner in CK) is a bit insulting.

It absolutely is insulting. You are paying for a perk plain and simple it should be treated equally as somebody else who is paying for the perk even if they are paying more for extras. There is nowhere I can find on the website that says "access to coastal kitchen for dinner only after we take care of higher class".

It absolutely is insulting. You are paying for a perk plain and simple it should be treated equally as somebody else who is paying for the perk even if they are paying more for extras. There is nowhere I can find on the website that says "access to coastal kitchen for dinner only after we take care of higher class".
Thanks for backing me up. It isn't up to a CC poster to recommend that RCI take away a perk that we've paid for.

You know what, first, I'm a gal not a pal. 2nd, I'm out. I have been on here for 12 years and posted less than 600 times. I only post on things that really torque me off like whining. There is another CK thread with exactly the same tone as this https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2542017 where I posted earlier.

Enjoy dinner....

I believe this is directed at me so I will respond...I think they should take CK away from JS for Oasis class due to all these problems. And yes, pay more get preferred treatment. (By the way, I'm hardly the first to point this out-and now you want to use that preferential treatment to your advantage-------pretty hypocritical)

So much drama over eating dinner and getting our feelings hurt and the nightmares and the headaches...........oh my!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

But why just Oasis class?

We were on the Allure two weeks ago in a Crown Loft Suite which includes all meals in CK. We neglected to make an advance reservation for one night and were told that it was booked for the night. When we mentioned that CK was supposed to be available for us for dinner, we were told that we should have booked a time for each night on boarding day. Having sailed many times on Celebrity and having had access to their private dining room, Luminae, we were excited to try Coastal Kitchen. It is a nice space but overall we were underwhelmed by the food and the service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would add also that right when they opened at 6:30 I believe was when I saw them at their emptiest so I never saw the entire restaurant full on my cruise. But yes I don't see them telling people you can't eat here it just might be we don't have a reservation spot for you at the moment just like what happened to me last night when a restaurant at home said it would be a 2 hour wait. The attitude of the Manager though was my biggest issue with KC. Maybe she was having a bad week but even our server apologized to us for her behavior

On Oasis CK opens at 5:30. She's pretty full around 6:30 since the early folks have not finished yet.

Well the Sky class passengers generally can book via concierge prior to boarding, so in a way they do get taken care of first. I guess a JS passenger can locate the Kitchen managers email and ask for a reservation prior to boarding.

Umm.... Not sure how you thought this was directed at you since I haven't seen you post in this thread before now. So first of all my comment was a general statement. Second I'm not seeing where it is hypocritical. I booked a GS because the deal was amazing and something my wife and I probably won't be able to do again for some time and its our 10 year anniversary. Third you seem to be the one who has hurt feelings needing to reply in a post that had nothing to do with you to start with.

You get your preferential treatment for breakfast lunch etc, but you didn't pay anymore than I did to eat dinner at KC since its INCLUDED IN THE PRICE. Yes lets just remove these people who can't afford the suite I can because "it causes problems" is what you are saying I guess. Again my original comment wasn't directed at anyone just a general statement from prior posts I have read. You aren't that important and neither am I so relax pal.

In the end it appears that they may have fixed the problem.

I believe she got it confused with the other thread running concerning the JS passengers

You know what, first, I'm a gal not a pal. 2nd, I'm out. I have been on here for 12 years and posted less than 600 times. I only post on things that really torque me off like whining. There is another CK thread with exactly the same tone as this https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2542017 where I posted earlier.

Enjoy dinner....

I never referred to you as a "Pal" or a "Gal" -- don't know where you got that from. When posting, I don't care if a poster is a he or a she.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

But why just Oasis class?

John: I'm going to respond to you because you provide good (and often hilarious) information...plus there is your lovely wife and of course Bella

I believe the problem lies (or is lays or ?) with the SL being attached to CK. On Quantum class, the areas are separate, so access can be better controlled.

Also, my husband does access control for a living and I asked him your question about limiting time. He said there will always be issues. It could work but you know Royal IT. Someone will come at 5:28 or 9:04 and door won't open and they will get all upset and be down at GS complaining. He sees error codes all the time from ppl that just aren't supposed to be there yet. Better to limit and control it manually.

I did but I didn't think much of it honestly gender wise. Obviously she likes to bring toxicity into posts so Ive just ignored the rest of her comments
Sounds like you've dealt with her before. I go to Cruise Critic to relax -- what I do in my day job has lots of toxicity and I just want to exchange information and be a bit helpful on certain threads.

Thanks

Sounds like you've dealt with her before. I go to Cruise Critic to relax -- what I do in my day job has lots of toxicity and I just want to exchange information and be a bit helpful on certain threads.

Thanks

Never dealt with her before but the comment that she made that she only comments on post where people are whining shows the type of person she is. The boards are full of all types of people and some that just want to bully others but I have gained a lot knowledge here from some very nice people.

John: I'm going to respond to you because you provide good (and often hilarious) information...plus there is your lovely wife and of course Bella

I believe the problem lies (or is lays or ?) with the SL being attached to CK. On Quantum class, the areas are separate, so access can be better controlled.

Also, my husband does access control for a living and I asked him your question about limiting time. He said there will always be issues. It could work but you know Royal IT. Someone will come at 5:28 or 9:04 and door won't open and they will get all upset and be down at GS complaining. He sees error codes all the time from ppl that just aren't supposed to be there yet. Better to limit and control it manually.

Thanks for the explanation.

Bell suggests we all relax.

1519014159549.jpg.96b2774bb44d42ed86090ce2b9572fb4.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I agree with you and would go further. Remove access to CK for JS on all ships not just Oasis class or provide full access in line with other guests. Current situation causes a lot of confusion if not disappointment.

I have never stayed in a JS so not experienced this for myself. What I have witnessed is how other JS guests have been treated when present at the CK waiting to make my own bookings. I have seen on numerous occasions JS guests being declined block bookings where they want to make reservations for each night or multiple nights. I have seen JS guests turned away being told that there is no availability for a given night or time with little discussion about alternative times. At the same time, as a full suite guests they have been able to accommodate my booking preferences without problems.

This might be down to individual ships or restaurant managers as part of their efforts to manage demand or prioritise. Who knows but I have seen this happen a number of times. It has left me thinking that if I book a JS I shouldn't assume that dinner in CK is part of the deal.

Personally, I am not happy with the way JS guests are treated. There is an issue with capacity (perhaps only on some cruises) which needs to be addressed. One way would be to offer complementary speciality dinning to full suite guests. This would ease demand on CK.

We are in a2bedroom grand suite on Symphony in July. I believe we are Sky class and have all day access to Costal Kitchen and Lounge. We've never cruised on this class of ship. Is CK that great? Should we try to make reservations for several nights? I just hate scheduling every meal all week, but would also hate for it to be full and not able to get in. I expect we will want to eat other meals in each of the main dinning rooms just for a change of scenery. I would love to hear anyone's opinion on the matter. Thank you in advance.

I'm sailing in a JS on Anthem 3/17/18. I was able to book the CK in the cruise planner every night for 6:15.

I hope that I am not turned away at the door after making these reservations. Does anyone have any experience with wait times at the CK? I really prefer the fixed 5:30 dining time but as I want to make use of CK that won't apply. I'm afraid I'll show up to a line of angry suite guests and be put last as I'm "only" in a JS.

We are in a2bedroom grand suite on Symphony in July. I believe we are Sky class and have all day access to Costal Kitchen and Lounge. We've never cruised on this class of ship. Is CK that great? Should we try to make reservations for several nights? I just hate scheduling every meal all week, but would also hate for it to be full and not able to get in. I expect we will want to eat other meals in each of the main dinning rooms just for a change of scenery. I would love to hear anyone's opinion on the matter. Thank you in advance.

New ship sailing Med itinerary so I don't believe anyone can second guess how busy it will be. My suggestion is to have a chat with the restaurant manager when you board and seek his/her advice on pre-booking.