Great Stirrup Cay Cabanas

gstoo

Could someone please let me know how many large cabanas are on GSC. Also, do you need to book one prior to boarding? Will be going in August. Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Unless my memory fails me, there are 10 Large Cabanas and 8-10 Small Cabanas.

If you have looked at NCL's Excursions page, please note, the lowest possible price is shown. BUT, that is seldom the actual cost when one goes to book one for actual cruise date.

Prices are driven by Ship, Date, and total number of passengers booked on that cruise (supply and demand driven pricing).

If the price is not a concern, and one is available when you are ready to book, YES, do book it ASAP, because despite the costs, they are very popular!

Could someone please let me know how many large cabanas are on GSC. Also, do you need to book one prior to boarding? Will be going in August. Thanks

You need to book as soon as possible. None will be available when you get to the island.

Large Cabana

43886678229b9bc13752a22d61aaf06c.jpg

Small Cabana

28b58584e3b8205207bc9b0679a65153.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had both the small cabana and the large cabana. Yes, they were expensive but we felt it was worth every penny. When we had the small one we had 6 adults and 1 child. Plenty of room.

With the large we had 9 people, the 1 child is now my size. Lol. Again, plenty of room.

Reserve your cabana ASAP. They sell out fast. We just got back this weekend from our NCL cruise and rented a small cabana on GSC. It is worth every penny. I don't know how the others at the beach could sit in the hot sun for hours with no shade. They charge $39 for an umbrella or clamshell. We overheard so many inquiring if any were available because the shade was so limited.

We had 4 adults in a small cabana and there definitely is room for 6. You can't beat having your beverage order taken and delivered to you. For us it was a splurge on our last day of vacation. We already booked our next NCL cruise that stops at GSC and there is no doubt we will reserve the cabana.

I was on the NCL Epic which stopped in at this location on Feb 16 2018. Construction of more cabanas is under way as well as a tower so there will be more cabanas in the future. Prices are posted outside the cabanas with the cheapest next to the Bacardi Rum bar priced at $495. USD

Reserve your cabana ASAP. They sell out fast. We just got back this weekend from our NCL cruise and rented a small cabana on GSC. It is worth every penny. I don't know how the others at the beach could sit in the hot sun for hours with no shade. They charge $39 for an umbrella or clamshell. We overheard so many inquiring if any were available because the shade was so limited.

We had 4 adults in a small cabana and there definitely is room for 6. You can't beat having your beverage order taken and delivered to you. For us it was a splurge on our last day of vacation. We already booked our next NCL cruise that stops at GSC and there is no doubt we will reserve the cabana.

We have a large cabana reserved for our trip in a few weeks. Did you get to pick your cabana our was it assigned? I’m guessing assigned, who and how do you find out which one you have?

We have a large cabana reserved for our trip in a few weeks. Did you get to pick your cabana our was it assigned? I’m guessing assigned, who and how do you find out which one you have?

Head to the excursion desk once you are on board. You can ask if your cabana has been assigned or make a request if it has not been.

When we had a cabana in 2016, we got to the desk early in the cruise and requested Cabana 2. We were later asked if we would mind switching with cabana 1, since cabanas 1 and 3 we’re traveling together and wanted to be next to each other.

Head to the excursion desk once you are on board. You can ask if your cabana has been assigned or make a request if it has not been.

When we had a cabana in 2016, we got to the desk early in the cruise and requested Cabana 2. We were later asked if we would mind switching with cabana 1, since cabanas 1 and 3 we’re traveling together and wanted to be next to each other.

Which Cabanas are the large ones? We have 3 booked and think we could book 2 if we had the large ones. Thanks for the advise. Which numbers are the best locations as well? Thanks in advance.