Boston

hbridges2000

Three years ago I booked the Getaway the day before. We were supposed to be going to St. Martin for a week and they were predicting a tropical storm with hurricane potential. When I was calling around trying to see what my Plan B would be all the cruise lines said they were not allowed to book any less than 24 hours before sailing. The Getaway was the only ship with any availability. I ended up booking at three o'clock Friday afternoon for a Saturday sailing. We did get a great deal.

If you are interested in the Boston cruise I can say in the summer those sailings are in high demand. I have been looking at the Dawn to Bermuda and have been surprised at how full they already are.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Three years ago I booked the Getaway the day before. We were supposed to be going to St. Martin for a week and they were predicting a tropical storm with hurricane potential. When I was calling around trying to see what my Plan B would be all the cruise lines said they were not allowed to book any less than 24 hours before sailing. The Getaway was the only ship with any availability. I ended up booking at three o'clock Friday afternoon for a Saturday sailing. We did get a great deal.

If you are interested in the Boston cruise I can say in the summer those sailings are in high demand. I have been looking at the Dawn to Bermuda and have been surprised at how full they already are.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for your response.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The last minute bookings may very well have to be cleared with Homeland Security.

NCL maybe required to furnish a manifest of all on board to the authorities.

Unlike the airlines with a direct link computer - no fly list - there probably is not a - no cruise list

but there will be an interest in the cruising customers and their travels and how often.

Leave it to Big Brother to get his tentacles into the mix - most certainly don't want to be

traveling with the like of those imbeciles on the Carnival Legend or any other misfits.

You do NOT have to book by phone- IF it is on the website which- if space is still available up to the day before- you can simply book online. I have first hand experience with having done this in Sept- twice. Both cruises, booked 2 days prior, at rock bottom rates. This continued for 4 weeks and over the past few years- I've never failed to late book in Sept with these lowest rates. The Dawn is a "has been" ship in Boston- and I expect deals again this season- but, with the replacement of the Gem for 2019- I'd expect demand to be higher.