The Captian of the Sernade put on a show

G-Bone

We are on deck 10 in cabin 1600. It looks like a long walk to anywhere. This is our first aft cabin. I am excited about it but my wife is looking at that walk every time we need to go back to the cabin and wondering if this is a mistake.

I don't know if you have been on a Voyager class ship as I have. I can assure you that nothing on Serenade seems like a long walk compared to Explorer and Mariner.

judy&steve: We have had 1600 twice on the Serenade, love the location as well as the cabin. It is very quiet back there. Not a mistake (IMHO)! Enjoy it! BTW, enjoy the services of Maritza, she is the greatest!

Ocean Boy is right, you will get used to the walk very quickly.

Bruce

We were on 11/26 sailing.... our captain was Charles Tiege. Know this because our head waiter got us an invitation to dine with him on the last formal night. (He only dines at his table 2 times - first formal night late seating and last formal night - early seating.) What a treat - I found my placecard right next to him - to his right !!! He is one of the youngest captains of any cruise ship - not just RCL. He is 38 and very very charming and interesting too. He had us leave Casties a half hour early so we would be able to experience Pitons completely..... they always do a 360 at this spot. It is amazing.... as we approached we were facing them and then he turned the ship (on a dime !) and we faced an amazing sunset !!!

On your last sea day - when approaching Monserrat - go the heliport !!!! The captain will head the ship directly at the island and it looks like you will run right into it !!! - but then they turn every so slightly and go all along the side where all the devastation took place. It is a very eerie sight and the windows of the homes half buried look like eyes staring back at you.... As we were sailing past on the way down (Mon or Tues night?) we saw red glow as this volcano is still very active and always putting out plume of smoke etc.... You can see it from Antigua real well as it is only 21 miles off their coast.

YOU WILL ALL LOVE THIS CRUISE..... it was amazing but very tiring and we come home exhaused....LOL

we were on the Adventure last year and they are big ships. We were right in the middle of the ship for that cruise.

We sailed on the Norway back in ‘81 and ‘91. That was a long walk to diner. On our ‘91 cruse we had a forward cabin on the same deck as the dinning rooms and for some reason they but us in the aft dinning room. From our cabin we had walk up one deck, then aft to get past the forward and aft dinning rooms, then down one deck to the aft dinning room entrance. But we loved that ship and sad to see it gone.

I cannot wait to cruise on the Serenade. So many people describe the ship as their favorite.

"Bbrad8" sadly I hear that Maritza is off the ship for a few months. I hope she trained her replacement. I have heard nothing but great things about Maritza on these boards. The guy (Lois I think his name was) on the Adventure last year rarely got up from his desk and never engaged anyone in a conversation. I was not impressed by him or is services.

judy&steve: We understand your dissapointment. Maritiza was on leave last year while we were aboard as well. We had German (not much better than what you have described). This year we were lucky enough to finally have her onboard (what a difference). Enjoy our favorite ship and cabin. The walk to this cabin really is not that bad!!!

Bruce

From all the RCI ships we have Crusied on the Serenade of the Seas or the Radiance class are great ships. They are not to big and not to small. We felt the Scooner bar we really nice. You will really enjoy the Serenade and her crew.

Gary & Roni

Exployer 4/04

Voyager 12/04

Serenade 12/05

Awesome, thanks for sharing. :) I'm on this same cruise on Jan. 14, and have heard about this, but not in so much detail. Now, I'm looking forward to it more than ever.

Hey Sherry, let us know if Captian Stig's gives you the same treatment. It will be a great show.

Thanks

Gary & Veronica

Archived