Hendricks Gin

odessy

Anyone know if they carry this Gin onboard the Gem?

I'm a Hendricks drinker and on the Getaway in January it was not covered with the UBP. Funny thing is I started drinking it because of recommendation from a bartender on the Escape on an earlier cruise. At that time it was covered with the UBP

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

It's on all of the lists/menus that I have seen and it is priced at $9.95 which means it's covered by the beverage package.

I had it on the breakaway last week and it is closer to $ 19. You have to pay the difference above $ 15 and the 18% tip on the balance.

Mike

Last 2 years on the Gem Hendricks was what my husband and brother in law drank. There were no additional charges and it was covered by the beverage package. Sounds like they possibly raised the cost and now there will be an upcharge? It's good liquor, but that seems a bit much.

Damn, that's disappointing. I was going off a list posted in August of last year. In October the same user posted an update:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54437223&postcount=766

Indeed Hendrick's is $16.95.

The list has gotten considerably smaller since the early days of the UBP.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Oceania Cruise line which is owned by NCL includes Hendicks Gin in their beverage package at no upcharge. They also do not charge gratuities on the beverage package which is $59.95 a day. Quite a better deal than NCL.

Do some math. 99% of NCL folks with the UDP paid only the gratuities or about $100 per person per week. Their cruise fare was about 50% of what it costs to cruise with Oceana.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Damn, that's disappointing. I was going off a list posted in August of last year. In October the same user posted an update:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54437223&postcount=766

Indeed Hendrick's is $16.95.

Yeah...I remember it being about a $3 up charge. I still got it a few times but on blurry nights I stuck to Sapphire.