Non-alcoholic drink package (Cheers for non-drinkers)

dsotm73

Would you be willing to purchase a non-alcoholic drink package?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to purchase a non-alcoholic drink package?

• Yes, I would gladly pay $20-25 per day for this!
    • Umm, maybe if it was a little cheaper.
    • No, not at any price.

If Carnival would offer a PREMIUM non-alcoholic drink package for non-drinkers, would you take advantage of it? Something above the BottomlessBubbles package that would include premium coffees, smoothies, mocktails (including non-alcoholic frozen drinks), energy drinks, and premium and sparkling waters?

(I propose this as a higher tier program that includes everything offered by Bottomless Bubbles plus what I listed above')

Celebrity offers this for $22/day. I would gladly pay $20-25 per day for a package like this on Carnival. How about you?

Edited by dsotm73

I believe Royal offers something along these lines too...personally I would not, I get my moneys worth on alcohol from Cheers but I would not without the alcohol...I don't drink enough coffee or any energy drinks, smoothies, sparkling water etc to make up the difference...but I do like the idea and think many would use the middle option if it was available...

Yes we would buy it. We don't drink much alcohol, but drink soda, lots of bottled water, fancy coffees and an a few mocktails during a cruise.

Royals was $19.95 last time we cruised with them. And we had it.

For our May Pride cruise, we ordered bottled water for our cabin and will charge as we go for the rest of our other drinks.

No thanks, I would not be interested at all. Water is free, or if bottled, only $4.50 a 12 pack. I don't think I've drank more than a dozen sodas in 17 cruises. Regular coffee is free and the only special coffee I would be interested in is an Irish coffee, so that would not be included. Never had a "mocktail", probably never will. Just would not be worth it for us.

I have been waiting 20 years for them to start a program like that. I don't drink soda and I rarely drink alcohol but I could go for the rest. I would gladly pay $25 a day (plus tips of course).

Now I stick to the free drinks so I think it would be a money maker.

If they had it so one person could get that while the other person got cheers we could do that. Now nobody gets anything because as I said, I rarely drink alcohol so my partner can't get cheers.

I would probably spring for it for the grands when they go too. Nobody in my family really do sodas. So no drink packages for us at all no matter who goes.

I can't believe how short sighed they have been in this area. You have the choice between a soda package or an alcohol package which both of us would have to buy it. So far our alcohol consumption has been no where near what both of us having to get it would cost

But one and one, yeah, they would have us even if we only broke even. Sounds like a win win for carnival to me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

We've always sailed with Royal and I always buy the non-alcoholic drink package for my teenage kids. They don't drink soda, so they are pretty bummed that they can't get a drink package on our upcoming Carnival cruise.

They usually go off on their own or with the friends they make on the ship and having the package gives them so much freedom. They drink the specialty coffees, virgin cocktails and water.

As a regular Royal cruiser now planning my first Carnival cruise, I was surprised not to find this option. That said, they do offer the bottled water and canned soda packages in the cabin WAY cheaper than Royal does. I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do just yet, but have been educating myself on the differences. Does Carnival offer any kind of fountain soda machines, or do you have to go to a bar for all sodas from the package?

If Carnival would offer a PREMIUM non-alcoholic drink package for non-drinkers, would you take advantage of it? Something above the BottomlessBubbles package that would include premium coffees, smoothies, mocktails (including non-alcoholic frozen drinks), energy drinks, and premium and sparkling waters?

(I propose this as a higher tier program that includes everything offered by Bottomless Bubbles plus what I listed above')

Celebrity offers this for $22/day. I would gladly pay $20-25 per day for a package like this on Carnival. How about you?

In addition to this, maybe this could be the other package you would have to get if someone gets Cheers in your cabin. For instance, everyone knows if one person in the cabin gets Cheers everyone over 21yrs in the cabin has to get it. However, not everyone over 21yrs in every cabin "Drinks Alcohol". So maybe this could be the alternative solution. You get Cheers and your DW or DH that does not drink alcohol would have to at least purchase the "Premium Bottomless Bubbles pkg" that you have listed above. *stepping on soap box* So Carnival if you are reading this (which I know you are, because cruise lines would be fools not to be reading these boards), then you should consider adopting something like this. I have talked to people while on cruises that have said the reason they did not get Cheers was because my DW/DH does not drink and it just is not worth it to us. In fact, one guy said he was not drinking that much because he did not get Cheers. Also stated that his DW would love to have the bubbles package if it offered more then just sodas and juices, just saying. Most of us on CC are not marketing majors. but we are the market and you should listen. *stepping off soap box*

I read the OP and then put in my two cents. However, afterwards I went back and started reading what other people said on this thread and found they had pretty much said what I had said:confused:. "Listen to the market Carnival."

Absolutely. But, the only way it would really work for us is if DH could do alcoholic Cheers and I could do non-Alcoholic. He drinks, I don't. But, I do like shakes, smoothies, and mocktails.

Same here...I'm a bigger drinker than my husband and we've never purchased cheers because it wouldn't be worth it for us. We just order as we go (about 2 drinks a day for me, maybe one or two a cruise for him).