Xcaret Park!!

GoneCrusin07

Hello Everyone! This is my first post so bare with me....

My husband and I will leaving for a 7 day cruise this upcoming Sunday going to Cozumel, Belize and mahogany bay. We plan on going to xcaret Park while in Cozumel. We are going to book through carnival as it’s cheaper and includes transportations. My question is, once in the Park are we allowed to walk around on our own or will have to stay with a guide? We will be in port from 8a until 6p

Also does anyone have suggestions on excursions for the other two places?

We re cruising for our honeymoon

Hello Everyone! This is my first post so bare with me....

My husband and I will leaving for a 7 day cruise this upcoming Sunday going to Cozumel, Belize and mahogany bay. We plan on going to xcaret Park while in Cozumel. We are going to book through carnival as it’s cheaper and includes transportations. My question is, once in the Park are we allowed to walk around on our own or will have to stay with a guide? We will be in port from 8a until 6p

Also does anyone have suggestions on excursions for the other two places?

We re cruising for our honeymoon

Although we've been to Cozumel a few times, we've never been to xcaret Park. When we were in Belize, it was prior to my wife's hip replacement surgery, and since she had some mobility issues, we restricted our selves to taking the tender boat over, walked around the shopping area at the port, then went back to the ship. Since there isn't much else to do near the port, most of the excursions require a 45 minute to an hour's bus ride to get to the excursion. Mahogany Bay for us was a beach day. It's a nice beach not far from the ship. If you go to the "Ports of Call" board on here and select "Caribbean", you'll find lots of excursion information (and reviews) from other cruisers at each of your ports.

If you look up that excursion on Carnival's web site after logging into your account you can read many reviews from other guests. I remember reading that you have to choice to stay with the guide or go off on your own. I know one of the advantages is they take you to the front of the line since you are on a tight schedule. A con is that you might not be interested in that attraction.

We did this not too long ago. We had a choice to stay with the tour guide, and went them him to a while and then headed on our own. I'd print a map out and study it, the paths are color coded, although some places, I did not see the color. There are 3 rivers to choose from, I'd pick the one with some light and some dark. We had a great time.