Snorkeling

drscooby74

Money Bar is about a $10-11 cab ride (fare covers up to 4 passengers in the cab) from the piers. Great facilities, lockers, rental gear if you need it, and good food, drinks, and service. Mitsugirly is a frequent poster on these boards and has a photo intensive review of MB linked in her signature - check it out plus trip advisor reviews. ;)

Money Bar is the first "snorkeling" spot south of the cruise ship piers. YOu need to take a taxi there but they are cheap and regulated. Good drinks and food, no real beach, just a sea wall and entry to the snorkel area. We love the place and have been going there for 18+ years, back when it was just a little shack with a couple of picnic tables.

2014_CarnivalMAGIC_Cozumel_10-L.jpg

Now it is a nice restaurant, lots of tables and chairs, a sandy raised beach area, and of course snorkeling. You just need to buy something while you are there in order to use their facilities. Yes, there are bathrooms too. When you are done, tell a waiter to hail you a taxi.

2014_CarnivalMAGIC_Cozumel_1-L.jpg

2014_CarnivalMAGIC_Cozumel_3-L.jpg

Do you know anywhere I can get some prices for the Money Bar? I checked their website, but it wasn't very helpful...either that or I was looking in the wrong place. :)

I'm taking five 18-year-old guys on a cruise for a senior trip in May and thought the Money Bar would be perfect for the day in Cozumel. I've been to the Money Bar a few times, but I can't remember the prices and I would like to give that information to the guys (and their parents) so they will know how much money to bring.

Thanks,

arreferee

No admission fee, so the only thing they will need money for are drinks, food, and maybe lockers and rental gear. If you cannot find anything on these boards try trip advisor or try contacting them.

No admission fee, so the only thing they will need money for are drinks, food, and maybe lockers and rental gear. If you cannot find anything on these boards try trip advisor or try contacting them.

Thanks JohninDC. I'll send them an email and see if I can get any information from them. If I can, I'll post it out here for others to see.

Here is a photo of the menu I took back in 2014.

2014_Magic_COZ137-L.jpg

prices in Pesos.

chicken nachos...was more than enough for both of us, but hungry kids might want more.

we thought their portions were generous.

2014_Cozumel143-L.jpg

there are snorkeling guides for the shore area, no idea on price.

there are also snorkeling boats that leave from their pier, also no idea on price.

robin

Here is a photo of the menu I took back in 2014.

chicken nachos...was more than enough for both of us, but hungry kids might want more.

we thought their portions were generous.

there are snorkeling guides for the shore area, no idea on price.

there are also snorkeling boats that leave from their pier, also no idea on price.

robin

Thank you, Robin. I remember the menu now that I see a picture of it. Hopefully the prices haven't changed too much.