New Internet Packages Available

karin037

I’m spoiled with the internet speed on Royal.Caribbean, how are the speeds here on NCL? We have the free internet package, 250 minutes per cabin, how does that work with 2 people, can you be online at the same time? Should I purchase an unlimited package and see if they’ll let me pay the difference? Do I need to do it onboard or is there a way to do it at the pre sailing discounted price if I call?

36 minutes ago, normr said:

I’m spoiled with the internet speed on Royal.Caribbean, how are the speeds here on NCL? We have the free internet package, 250 minutes per cabin, how does that work with 2 people, can you be online at the same time? Should I purchase an unlimited package and see if they’ll let me pay the difference? Do I need to do it onboard or is there a way to do it at the pre sailing discounted price if I call?

I've sailed NCL the past two cruises (GEM and Escape). I have to say, the internet speeds were significantly faster than I had experienced on any other cruise, on any other line.

Not sure what they did, but I measured xxMBPS up and downloads on each one.  I was pleasantly surprised.

That said, I get some minutes as a Platinum Latitudes, and usually get the "internet perk" when I book (250 minutes or 1 GB).  I always upgrade it to unlimited.

With the package you have, it's one person/one device logged on per cabin.  You'd have to buy another package for the 2nd person if you both wanted to use internet at the same time.

56 minutes ago, normr said:

can you be online at the same time?

To answer that question:

You can have multiple devices - but can be on line with ONLY one at a time.

The other question about purchasing the unlimited plan/package - you already have 250 minutes -

On your first or better yet 2nd day of the cruise use the 250 minutes as a partial payment against

what ever plan you purchase - stop by the Internet Café and talk shop with the manager how to best

do this. Your 250 minute is worth about $125 credit against any of the plans you select.

I believe that you can pre-purchase time or a package pre-cruise but the conversion credit application

is done on board.

If you don't subscribe to one of the Unlimited plans make sure to have the log-on-off apt installed on

your device(s) AND USE IT - otherwise 250 minutes (4hours 10minutes) will be gone in a flash !