New Internet Packages Available

karin037

I used it a few weeks ago on the Getaway. I was able to post photos on Facebook with no issue. I didn’t find the connection slow Only issue I had was occasionally it would log out.

Does WhatsApp work with it? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I hope someone tries out the new Social Media soon because if I can post to Tapatalk with pictures I'll get that for the Bliss transatlantic. Going to do a live review and I would love to save $150 over what the Unlimited Wi-fi package is.

tapatalk is an app, not really a social media compare to the regular social media sites like facebook, twitter, instragram, etc

tapatalk is an app, not really a social media compare to the regular social media sites like facebook, twitter, instragram, etc

but it should be covered under:

"The package allows you to view, post and upload videos on social media and also chat on all popular messenger platforms."

Wish they listed them all so people could download and prep before boarding.

but it should be covered under:

"The package allows you to view, post and upload videos on social media and also chat on all popular messenger platforms."

Wish they listed them all so people could download and prep before boarding.

Exactly, I think I'll get the social one and then just be prepared to have to upgrade if it doesn't work on board.

... these are not available to pre-purchase online for our 5/27 Escape cruise. They are grayed out ...
#cough #cough ... no need to call, patience is the key. You will still +60 days out, just hang on & wait.

One of BIL/SIL sailing the Escape to Bermuda @end of April. It has been available for booking in XX # of days now, details are pretty much as desdribed re: pricing & tiers, just like ours on the Gem (earlier vs. them)

The big question is whether it's enhanced to be stronger, faster & better for the end users. Can't really stream HD contents at 720p if it's limited to 3G speed burdened with large # of log-in.

I am wondering this too. I purchased the unlimited plan online for my cruise leaving today. I am hoping to get a credit for the lower price or at the very least get the premium plan. I will find out later today!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How did this resolve itself?

Anyone else know the answer to this question generally speaking - i.e. if you purchased a "old" plan like "Internet - Unlimited", how does that translate to the newer plans that were subsequently introduced (but prior to the cruise). Do you get the streaming plan?

How did this resolve itself?

Anyone else know the answer to this question generally speaking - i.e. if you purchased a "old" plan like "Internet - Unlimited", how does that translate to the newer plans that were subsequently introduced (but prior to the cruise). Do you get the streaming plan?

I had prepaid 29 a day for the “ old” unlimited. I thought it was less expensive now for the regular unlimited but it is the same. So I got the regular unlimited and I would have had to upgrade to premium which is 34 a day

I had prepaid 29 a day for the “ old” unlimited. I thought it was less expensive now for the regular unlimited but it is the same. So I got the regular unlimited and I would have had to upgrade to premium which is 34 a day

Now thinking about it, prepaid is 25.50 a day and when I prepaid it was 29..with just the activation fee waived. I probably should have held my ground for a credit, or at least get the premium...I’m not sure if I feel like finding the internet guy and making a fuss...

Have the 250 minutes internet as a perk. Would have no problem paying the difference to upgrade to unlimited wifi. Will NCL do this? And do I need to call them to make the change?
It has been available to upgrade during the test phase (on Escape at least) but still waiting to hear if it is still working now to upgrade to perk. Hopefully someone reports back soon. I don't think you can do it ahead of time, you are likely to confuse the phone agent. I plan to wait and discuss with the internet manager onboard next week.

I called NCL because of the “per day” verbiage. The $354 quoted on MyNcl would come to well over $4000 for my transatlantic. I was told that the stated amount was for the whole cruise. I think they need to word that differently.

I logged into MyNCL and there are no internet packages available to purchase. Previously, with the old packages, I was given choices to buy. I'm sailing on the Pearl in June. Are there any others out there that can't add a package?

I logged into MyNCL and there are no internet packages available to purchase. Previously, with the old packages, I was given choices to buy. I'm sailing on the Pearl in June. Are there any others out there that can't add a package?

It seems NCL is rolling out the new packages slowly..... people are reporting that through April is currently available so June will be available soon.

Have the 250 minutes internet as a perk. Would have no problem paying the difference to upgrade to unlimited wifi. Will NCL do this? And do I need to call them to make the change?

Since the perk has "no cash value".... there's no difference to pay so you'd pay the entire cost. However, some have reported that once on board, the Internet Manager will allow it.... but it's very inconsistent as to it being allowed

Since the perk has "no cash value".... there's no difference to pay so you'd pay the entire cost. However, some have reported that once on board, the Internet Manager will allow it.... but it's very inconsistent as to it being allowed

Actually when I look at the internet packages the 250 minute package is priced at $105. So then to upgrade (pay the difference) to unlimited would be $48 for my cruise. I’m going to call and see if they will do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No they don't need to be, they WANT to be.

I own multiple businesses many in the tech/IT services field. I have hired good people who can run things for a week without me baby sitting. No one NEEDS to be on line while on vacation, especially not on that stupid anti-social media..

Please do not color everyone with YOUR crayon.

YOUR crayon is the one in the wrong box.

My DH is finishing his Master's dissertation. He needs access to research & submit. NEEDS, not wants.

The only alternative is that I would have had to cruise without him, and frankly I'm the one who didn't WANT to.

Separately, I have an elderly parent who just lost her husband of 52 years. I WANT (make that NEED) to check-in periodically.

Separately, although my Director is handling inquiries from my 10 staff, the systems send me approval requests automatically. Periodically I need to give them a push-through to the next level. Can't be done offline, and I couldn't take the 3 week vacation, if I was unable to do this. So that's a NEED.

In addition to all of these NEEDS, I have wants, too. I want to know what's happening in the world, even if I'm on vacation. I want to see what my friends are up to, even when I'm on vacation. I want to share with them what I'm up to, WHILE I'm on vacation.

Maybe you consider the media to be unsocial - because you get, what you give????

Stephen

Actually when I look at the internet packages the 250 minute package is priced at $105. So then to upgrade (pay the difference) to unlimited would be $48 for my cruise. I’m going to call and see if they will do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I said... the "perk" (promo) has no cash value (read the T&Cs)...... it is still at the discretion of the Internet Manager.

about 3 bullets from the bottom of the Terms & Condition:

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

Edited by esm54687

YOUR crayon is the one in the wrong box.

My DH is finishing his Master's dissertation. He needs access to research & submit. NEEDS, not wants.

The only alternative is that I would have had to cruise without him, and frankly I'm the one who didn't WANT to.

Stephen

Congrats to you and your DH, so glad you're doing so well and I guess if I had any advise for you, it would be not to worry about what this poster (MC) says, Live your life the way you want to and enjoy.

Cheers

What??

The link at the beginning of this thread: https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/internet-packages

Clearly says "per day" in the description..... so multiply the $$ times the number of days and there is your cost. Not sure where $87.50 is coming from.

I see now, they have a typo on the MYNCL. It says It's $87.50 and then it says price is per day so I got confused. It's $12.50 X 7 $87.50!

IMG-4397.jpg.a507b359feb6cdefb4ba158a73504837.jpg

I see now, they have a typo on the MYNCL. It says It's $87.50 and then it says price is per day so I got confused. It's $12.50 X 7 $87.50!

Yikes! That's more than just a typo. thanks for pointing out where you were looking to help others.