I would love help and opinions on a choice of two cruises

gladimhere

Im so torn it is NCL Star leaving from Venice going to Kotor, Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, Dubronik Venice RCL Jewel leaving Rome,Santorini, Mykonos,Athens, Katakolon Rome We are huge history buffs and I am wondering if Athens is a must but there are more ports on NCLFrom what I can tell the ships are almost identical Its a very hard choice.I would so appreciate any help.

Im so torn it is NCL Star leaving from Venice going to Kotor, Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, Dubronik Venice RCL Jewel leaving Rome,Santorini, Mykonos,Athens, Katakolon Rome We are huge history buffs and I am wondering if Athens is a must but there are more ports on NCLFrom what I can tell the ships are almost identical Its a very hard choice.I would so appreciate any help.

This is SO easy. STAR. Venice is on the verge of forbidding cruise ships, so getting to sail down the Grand Canal will be a thing of the past. Dubrovnik is amazing (and a shooting location for Game of Thrones, if you care). I'd visit Athens as part of a Greek/Turkish cruise, sometime in the future..... but for now, STAR sounds way better.

Stephen

• 4 months later...

We have been to all those ports, most, multiple times. This is a matter of personal choice. I don't find Santorini to be interesting. Last time most of the people on our cruise ship did not make it to the stop because the lift takes so few people. We made it only because we were among the first off the ship. Katakolon is a half day port. Olympia is interesting to see, but there is far more to see on the cruise out of Venice. Corfu is fabulous and is Venice and Dubrovnik. I would choose that of the two cruises.