Vista specialty dining free bottle question

Hi everyone!

I’ve searched and searched and my question doesn’t seem to have an answer.

I know the specialty dining does free bottle of wine the first night. We’re thinking about going to JiJi at some point.

Do any of the specialty dining restaurants do substitution for something instead of the wine?

We have Cheers so a free bottle of cheap wine is not a huge deal, we just don’t drink wine and wondered if they offered anything else?

Please no nasty answers, just being curious! :)

To my knowledge no...Also I believe a free bottle of wine is just offered in the Steakhouse on 1st night of cruise. I believe this freebie is to incent passengers to eat in Steak house 1st night...I'm sure this is usually the "lightest" night for the Specialty Restaurants due to it being embarkation day and people getting settled, etc

I agree with lcpagejr- none of the other specialty restaurants offer a similar beverage offer. It's only the steakhouse.

And as for substitutions, I doubt it, but hey- it's free to ask them if you go to the steakhouse on the first night! Maybe they'll offer you a half price cocktail or something! It's not the policy but as I said, it's free to ask and if you don't ask the answer is always no!

I agree with lcpagejr- none of the other specialty restaurants offer a similar beverage offer. It's only the steakhouse.

And as for substitutions, I doubt it, but hey- it's free to ask them if you go to the steakhouse on the first night! Maybe they'll offer you a half price cocktail or something! It's not the policy but as I said, it's free to ask and if you don't ask the answer is always no!

We've had free wine in Cucina on the first night - are they no longer offering that ?