Reminder on a few points re: Speciality Dining

grilljockey

In a couple of months we will take our 2nd cruise with Azamara...bringing the whole family along including adult-ish kids and grandparents on both sides. This is the 9 night Rivieras and Hideaways cruise in July.

We took a family cruise with AZ a few years ago, and I'm trying to clear the cob-webs on a couple of points:

We are armed with about $350 per person in combined on-board credits from both AZ and our travel agent. We are not in Club level rooms, but rather Veranda category rooms. We are independent explorers mainly, and probably won't do any or many excursions.

-Do I recall correctly that they might have offered a Specialty Dining package offered on day 1 that was a bit more lucrative than paying for each individual seating? We thought the MDR food and Buffet food was pretty ok...but thought the Specialty dining was really superb and would love to maximize our dining at these restaurants on the next cruise.

-Secondly, if we opt to skip the AzAmazing evening (as listed, it doesn't really intrigue us much, unfortunately) are both Specialty Dining Rooms open that night...or neither?

-I'm thinking maybe they are both close on the White Nights evening? On our last cruise we didn't have a White Nights event...I think it was super windy that night or something.

Just trying to plan our best strategy for how often and which nights to book since I know it is a fast process on day 1.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!!

There is usually one Speciality open on White Night and the other on the Azamazing evening. Dining packages are advertised on the website, they don’t discount beyond that and you can buy the package at any point in the cruise (assuming you have enough days left to use it)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, there are various packages. https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/sites/default/files/pdfs/specialty_dining_flyer_070516.pdf

We usually book the 3 table tour which we think is excellent value - 3 bookings for $70pp instead of $90 if you booked them separately.

Sorry, I don’t know whether both Prime C & Aqualina are open on both the White Night and the Azamazing evening. Personally I love the White Night deck buffet - lobster, paella, steak & of course the crepes suzette!

Hopefully other more experienced cruisers will be able to help you with this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are in club suite when can you make your dinner reservations?

On boarding there will be a desk somewhere on Deck 5 (location varies from cruise to cruise so don’t head to anywhere people here say it will be) and another at the door of the buffet on Deck 9. So if you don’t pass a desk on Deck 5 head to Deck 9.

Don’t worry in a suite as long as you are slightly flexible on which restaurant you want each night you will have no problems getting reservations- we’ve never had any.

You can also get your butler to make them, the one time I relied on the butler he screwed it up so I tend to do my own. I book the key dates I want on boarding and then fill in others when I decide. On boarding you will also have access to details like when white nights is and when certain buffers are (the reservations desk has this) so it makes choosing easy.

I would not however advocate what some here do - book for every night then cancel off some as you go along. I think that’s pretty unfair on others.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On boarding there will be a desk somewhere on Deck 5 (location varies from cruise to cruise so don’t head to anywhere people here say it will be) and another at the door of the buffet on Deck 9. So if you don’t pass a desk on Deck 5 head to Deck 9.

Don’t worry in a suite as long as you are slightly flexible on which restaurant you want each night you will have no problems getting reservations- we’ve never had any.

You can also get your butler to make them, the one time I relied on the butler he screwed it up so I tend to do my own. I book the key dates I want on boarding and then fill in others when I decide. On boarding you will also have access to details like when white nights is and when certain buffers are (the reservations desk has this) so it makes choosing easy.

I would not however advocate what some here do - book for every night then cancel off some as you go along. I think that’s pretty unfair on others.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for detailed answer.