Platinum- Galley tour?

cooltj

Hi Everyone,

I remembered Carnival use to give free galley tours for Platinum/Diamond guests. We did this a long time ago and can't remember if Carnival stop giving these tours out for free. I know about the behind the fun tour which we have also done. Just was wondering if anyone received an invite or was told about this possibility lately? We will be sailing in 3 months and thought it would be fun for our son and his friend to do.

Thanks

A looooong time ago when Platinum was first introduced (and before they changed to five VIFP tiers, including Diamond), the galley tour on a sea day was one of the published benefits. As I recall, it went away about the time the Behind the Fun tours were introduced, because why give something away (even something with no incremental cost to Carnival) when they could charge you for it as part of Behind the Fun (and now the Chef's Table) instead?

We got a free galley tour and tasting on our last cruise and we were not platinum. It pays to get to know the officers on board the ships.

How do you go about that? I don't think I've ever had an opportunity to chat with an officer