Ocean view cabin on promenade deck on Ruby Princess?

Grammycruiser07

I have never sailed on Princess before, but will be going soon. I’ve been giving the option of E119 over the guarantee option. I would love to hear your opinions on this. I understand that the window is tinted, and people can’t see inside in the daytime, but that I would need to close the curtains when we have the lights on inside. This is from everything that I could find. Should I go with this or go with the guarantee? I appreciate all the help I can get!

So do I understand this right? You have the choice of E-119 or an Oceanview Guarantee?

If you go with a Guarantee and the forward Emerald Deck cabins are still available, you've got a good chance of being put back in them. I think the only way to avoid that is to book a Guarantee in a higher category OR book a specific cabin in a higher category than the OF. With those particular cabins, you could get a lot of anchor noise early in the morning if you have an itinerary that has port days that aren't docked.

Emerald deck 8 is not the Promenade, which is deck 7. E119 is very far forward and may possibly have noise from the theater. IMO, If nothing else is available in your desired category, I would go for the guaranty in this case, though I prefer picking my own cabin.

I would suggest you go to the Princess site and do a "mock" booking on the Ruby. It doesn't have to be your exact booking but I would do that first to see which cabins actually exist. This will allow you to explore the ships cabins and locations. You don't have to pay anything until you decide to actually say yes to a booking way after exploring and choosing a cabin. You'll also see how much the cabins cost and will see if your costs thus far are better or worse, etc. Just go to the Princess site, click on "Plan a Cruise" and go from there...

I have never sailed on Princess before, but will be going soon. I’ve been giving the option of E119 over the guarantee option. I would love to hear your opinions on this. I understand that the window is tinted, and people can’t see inside in the daytime, but that I would need to close the curtains when we have the lights on inside. This is from everything that I could find. Should I go with this or go with the guarantee? I appreciate all the help I can get!

This cabin is right next to the Promenade deck stairway connecting deck 7 to 8 which actually starts around E114. On calm days many passengers walk around the upper promenade. The Upper promenade is normally always closed to passengers in the evening, but may be open to crew. You are correct the window is tinted, and you would have to close the curtains for privacy when cabin lights are on. I would select another cabin.

Emerald deck 8 is not the Promenade, which is deck 7. E119 is very far forward and may possibly have noise from the theater. IMO, If nothing else is available in your desired category, I would go for the guaranty in this case, though I prefer picking my own cabin.

On the Ruby, as with the other Grand Class ships, Emerald Deck 8 is the upper Promenade. You go up some steps to get there, and it goes all the way around the front of the ship.

I'd take that cabin like a shot. You definitely will need to have your curtains closed part of the time, but the location is great. You can get out to the Promenade from a door at the end of Emerald.

On our second cruise we booked a gty and got a balcony cabin in that location assigned immediately but were later moved to a mid-ship Aloha balcony before we sailed. As it was only 3 or 4 doors down from the HC interior our son had booked it was a vastly better location for us.

E119 wouldn't be too bad. The area outside is a stair and people would be well below your window level. It is also closed off at night. There is a small platform just outside the window, but as I recall it is not accessible. The photo is from the Crown, but it should be identical. Your window would be the first one on the right, beside the service box.

2121111547_05mar10205.jpg.91aea799d6d6f7f2b41e88ae65fcb382.jpg

When they work on the tenders (and I've seen the work for many hours on them sometimes) and when they're taking them down to use in tender ports, expect workers right outside your window. They can look in, directly at you. Keep your drapes closed if you want this cabin. Frankly, with that and the theatre below you, I'd get another cabin.