Meet and Greet

brian_uk

The way I have done it is to collect names and room numbers. Once I board I present my list to the Concierge who will suggest a time and place. The ship will also send out invitations.

The last few cruises I have scheduled the M&G in Horizons right after the boat drill. This allows people who have arranged private tours together to meet beforehand.

For our May 10th cruise on Riviera there is a large affinity group on board so we won't be able to use Horizons. This is a port intensive cruise so aiming for a sea day won't work.

Mura

Our Roll Call M&G organiser posted a fairly comprehensive account of what info she needed and why (didn't stop lots of people ignoring it and asking questions though!)

Her list also helps us keep in touch off board with others arranging tours.

I have volunteered to arrange our Meet andGreet on board the Marina for this cruise. I've done this many times in the pastand all have been successful. While Oceania doesn't arrange the M&Gs ontheir ships like Celebrity and some of the other cruise lines, they do help anorganizer of the group do so. The way it works is - the organizer goes to theConcierge at boarding, who will work with me to decide on the best time andplace (when nothing big is going on like the Captain's party). What they will needfrom us is a list of all of us with cabin #s. And since some people changecabins, it's also helpful to give them our full names as they appear on ourcruise ticket. They are not familiar with common nicknames like Bill forWilliam, so we can't give nicknames. I'll give them an invitation to copy withall our names on one side. I'll write in the time, date and place. They willcopy and hand deliver these to your cabin.

So the best way to do this is off this board because we don't want to disclosepersonal info here as it’s not a secure website. I'll create a list which willhave your full names, cabin #, home town, CC name and email address. Later onboard the ship, this will serve as a handy directory to contact each other.Then after the cruise, you will have each others email addresses if you want tocontinue to communicate.

If you wish to be on this list and be included in our M&G, please email mewith that info. I'll email you back the list with your entry. Then periodically,I'll send out updates of this list.