Agnled Balconies

rtkenmore

I have had both and not sure which I would pick given the choice of either to tell the truth.  We love larger balconies and usually book our cruises way out for just that purpose.

Only had one interesting thing happen one cruise it seemed that someone was doing nude yoga on their balcony not realizing that the angled ones could see in.

Never had an issue with wind on any balcony to tell the truth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/9/2022 at 12:08 PM, fredflint said:

I have had both and not sure which I would pick given the choice of either to tell the truth.  We love larger balconies and usually book our cruises way out for just that purpose.

Only had one interesting thing happen one cruise it seemed that someone was doing nude yoga on their balcony not realizing that the angled ones could see in.

Never had an issue with wind on any balcony to tell the truth.

I'd apologize for the nudity...but I don't do yoga. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 7 months later...
On 4/4/2019 at 8:22 PM, MrsTocko said:

We have a forward facing angled on the Bliss (Deck 14, cabin 14158)...Deck 15 above, there is NOTHING in the space directly above us. We are also the "first" angled from the front of the ship on the deck.  Hoping I picked well.  This is our first angled.  Booked my in-laws in the same cabin directly across in cabin 14758. Other family is in the room next to them, so at least they will know the neighbors, and I can almost guarantee that the balcony will NOT get opened between them...(my FIL asked he what he did to me to get the other family to book next to him...nothing, I just didn't want them next to US)

Will let you know what we think of the cabin/balcony and the wind.

Don’t know if you’ll see this but came across your note here while researching this exact cabin plan for upcoming cruise. Do you remember if you liked it?! Thanks!

On 6/6/2023 at 7:06 AM, Busybeeva said:

Don’t know if you’ll see this but came across your note here while researching this exact cabin plan for upcoming cruise. Do you remember if you liked it?! Thanks!

We loved it.  It is big enough to put a lounge chair. Ask you steward if it’s not there. We would definitely book again (actually looking at booking the same cabin in a couple of years)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MrsTocko said:

We loved it.  It is big enough to put a lounge chair. Ask you steward if it’s not there. We would definitely book again (actually looking at booking the same cabin in a couple of years)

Thank you so much! I put it on hold for Panama Canal. Appreciate the assurance!

• 1 month later...

We ended up treating ourselves to an aft balcony (1st time) for our Alaskan on the Bliss in 2025. (Nominal cost difference to upgrade from regular midship balcony)

I have gotten seasick in the past, (1st cruise, we were far forward, ocean view, bottom passenger deck) so I started changing my cabin location, and have been good the last few.  So we have been apprehensive about moving to an aft balcony. But we decided to take the risk. We can’t predict the seas or weather this far out, but should be ok.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrsTocko said:

We ended up treating ourselves to an aft balcony (1st time) for our Alaskan on the Bliss in 2025. (Nominal cost difference to upgrade from regular midship balcony)

I have gotten seasick in the past, (1st cruise, we were far forward, ocean view, bottom passenger deck) so I started changing my cabin location, and have been good the last few.  So we have been apprehensive about moving to an aft balcony. But we decided to take the risk. We can’t predict the seas or weather this far out, but should be ok.

Have you tried managing your seasickness with medication, the band, or the patch? I take non-drowsy dramamine/bonine every morning with my other pills and vitamins when I am on a cruise and have never felt seasick, even when the ship has been REALLY rocking and rolling and the crew put bags out at every stairwell for people to vomit into.

52 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Have you tried managing your seasickness with medication, the band, or the patch? I take non-drowsy dramamine/bonine every morning with my other pills and vitamins when I am on a cruise and have never felt seasick, even when the ship has been REALLY rocking and rolling and the crew put bags out at every stairwell for people to vomit into.

The first cruise was too late, missed the last day and half of cruise. I didnt have anything with me, and the store was out of stock.  before the next cruise, I got dramaine, and sea bands.  also move a BIT (not much though) midship, and changed from deck 4 to deck 6...still a few bouts of nausa, but didnt actually get sick.  The next one, again, moved more midship, and not as bad....all still an inside cabin though

Finally moved to a balcony in 2013, right off the midship elevators.  havent even put the sea bands on, and not taken any meds in the last 4 cruises, and have been fine. I pick a deck that keeps a passenger deck above and below me.(so usually deck 9-14/15)  and as midship as i can get, so this will be interesting for sure. Aft Balcony, in Alaska, will offer beautiful views.  Have had rough seas on past alaska crusies, at times,  but have been early and late in the season, so hoping being more mid season will be helpful as well.  I believe we are deck 10, next to the corner cabins.  We wanted to to try it and figured this was probably the best cruise to try it on, as it is a very chill moving cruise, between ports.

• 2 months later...
On 4/4/2019 at 8:22 PM, MrsTocko said:

We have a forward facing angled on the Bliss (Deck 14, cabin 14158)...Deck 15 above, there is NOTHING in the space directly above us. We are also the "first" angled from the front of the ship on the deck.  Hoping I picked well.  This is our first angled.  Booked my in-laws in the same cabin directly across in cabin 14758. Other family is in the room next to them, so at least they will know the neighbors, and I can almost guarantee that the balcony will NOT get opened between them...(my FIL asked he what he did to me to get the other family to book next to him...nothing, I just didn't want them next to US)

Will let you know what we think of the cabin/balcony and the wind.

Just curious was noise a problem? And were you able to find out what if anything what  was on deck 15 in the empty space if anything? Right now we have a b2b booked in 14758 and looks like on deck above 15 above is the public restroom. so considering changing. Thanks

3 hours ago, swmichigan cruiser said:

Just curious was noise a problem? And were you able to find out what if anything what  was on deck 15 in the empty space if anything? Right now we have a b2b booked in 14758 and looks like on deck above 15 above is the public restroom. so considering changing. Thanks

It’s actually either a seating area, for maybe 5 people or where that have a larger scale ship model.  My in-laws were in 14758, while we were in 14158, but we still had no noise issues.  DH is a fairly light sleeper and has never had noise complaints.  This is in our general preferred location, on all ships.  We did find the aft elevators less busy/ crowded then these right by the room.

I would book this room again.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MrsTocko said:

It’s actually either a seating area, for maybe 5 people or where that have a larger scale ship model.  My in-laws were in 14758, while we were in 14158, but we still had no noise issues.  DH is a fairly light sleeper and has never had noise complaints.  This is in our general preferred location, on all ships.  We did find the aft elevators less busy/ crowded then these right by the room.

I would book this room again.

Thank you for your opinion. We did switch to 14158  for our two cruises.

• 4 months later...
On 4/3/2019 at 4:18 PM, WestfieldTraveler said:

I had a rear facing balcony on the Anthem of the Seas and it seemed that only if you were on the "extended" angled part of it more of you would be seen - you could always retreat back towards your door if you wanted more privacy. I have a forward facing (13270) one booked on the Bliss and would expect the same optics there - any reason why not? 

Also another rear facing one (15232) shows as open on my Bliss cruise but seems to be under the front edge of the Fitness center - just wondering if that will likely be a bit noisy.

Sorry for dragging this up so late, but we are currently booked in 15232 and was wondering the same about the fitness center. Did you end up staying in this cabin, and if so, was the noise bad? Thanks.

15 minutes ago, sjacobs11 said:

Great to hear! Were you able to hear the gym, just above?

I don’t recall any bothersome noise. I remember a time or two thinking we were below the observation lounge and thinking someone was moving a chair, but perhaps that was the gym. Certainly nothing kept us awake or woke us up. The angle was nice for the views and the convenience to Ob Lounge was nice too. 

1 minute ago, Busybeeva said:

I don’t recall any bothersome noise. I remember a time or two thinking we were below the observation lounge and thinking someone was moving a chair, but perhaps that was the gym. Certainly nothing kept us awake or woke us up. The angle was nice for the views and the convenience to Ob Lounge was nice too. 

Cool! And just confirming you were in 15232? That's a mid-ship angled balcony cabin on the port side of the same deck as the Observation Lounge.

On 3/7/2018 at 2:52 PM, rtkenmore said:

I'm interested in getting opinions on the slightly oversized angled balconies. Do you prefer the angled ones where you are more forward facing and can see where you're going or the more rear facing to see where you've been?

Are forward facing windier when moving or about the same as rear facing? We've stayed on the more rear facing before Deck 15 Escape.

Booked Encore yesterday on Deck 15 more forward facing angled balcony and now I'm second guessing that we may rather have the more rear facing instead.

Any thoughts from those with experience on both forward and rear facing?

And I'm NOT talking about aft or bow balconies. Just the port and starboard angled ones.

We have sailed i a lot of different angled balconies.  In fact we look for one on every crusie.  Never had any issues with wind in any of them I thik you will be happy with the cabin you have.  The important thng for us it to select a cabin on a deck with just cabins on the defck above and below to minimize noise.  Def not right above the pool or theater or below the gym!  Enjoy yoru cruise... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sjacobs11 said:

Cool! And just confirming you were in 15232? That's a mid-ship angled balcony cabin on the port side of the same deck as the Observation Lounge.

Sorry no. We were in 14158 and 14758. 

2 minutes ago, Busybeeva said:

Sorry no. We were in 14158 and 14758. 

Ah. OK. Those are Family Balcony cabins, which don't apply to the killer group rate we're on. Almost doubles the price from a balcony just next door!

11 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

We have sailed i a lot of different angled balconies.  In fact we look for one on every crusie.  Never had any issues with wind in any of them I thik you will be happy with the cabin you have.  The important thng for us it to select a cabin on a deck with just cabins on the defck above and below to minimize noise.  Def not right above the pool or theater or below the gym!  Enjoy yoru cruise... 

YES!  All of this!  This is all of my criteria. DH wants a balcony.  Other then that, he doesnt care.  We like the midship right by the elevators. Always quick to the room, if we need to run back for something.

16 minutes ago, MrsTocko said:

We charged from the aft balcony to 14758 for our cruise.  Im so glad you loved it. 

Appreciate your input when we were deciding. Thank you! Happy travels 😊