Agnled Balconies

rtkenmore

I'm interested in getting opinions on the slightly oversized angled balconies. Do you prefer the angled ones where you are more forward facing and can see where you're going or the more rear facing to see where you've been?

Are forward facing windier when moving or about the same as rear facing? We've stayed on the more rear facing before Deck 15 Escape.

Booked Encore yesterday on Deck 15 more forward facing angled balcony and now I'm second guessing that we may rather have the more rear facing instead.

Any thoughts from those with experience on both forward and rear facing?

And I'm NOT talking about aft or bow balconies. Just the port and starboard angled ones.

I prefer rear-facing angled balconies but more importantly, I prefer angled balconies that don't "face" other angled balconies.

For example, on Escape, I'd take 12292/12892 first, 12180/12780 second but wouldn't be happy with 12254/12854 or 12272/12872.

There in lies what we're looking at. Encore Deck 15 has 4 angled Spa Balconies. We have 12250 right now and it is facing forward towards 15232. But likewise, 15266 faces back towards 15276 which is a Haven Aft Penthouse with a wraparound balcony I think.

There in lies what we're looking at. Encore Deck 15 has 4 angled Spa Balconies. We have 12250 right now and it is facing forward towards 15232. But likewise, 15266 faces back towards 15276 which is a Haven Aft Penthouse with a wraparound balcony I think.

The H6 balcony isn't really "wrap-around" but people staying there can easily look into the last angled balcony.

The biggest problem with the higher angled balconies in that section is that the view can be partially blocked by the washing equipment.

EDIT

Looking at Escape vs Joy vs Bliss, I can't tell where the washing equipment will be on Encore. It might not be a problem.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

• 7 months later...

View of an angled balcony on deck 10 Bliss.  We were in deck 9 B8 connecting cabin which extends out and could see into the balconies above us (and they could see us as well).  We could not see into the cabins!

20181013_132622.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I had a rear facing balcony on the Anthem of the Seas and it seemed that only if you were on the "extended" angled part of it more of you would be seen - you could always retreat back towards your door if you wanted more privacy. I have a forward facing (13270) one booked on the Bliss and would expect the same optics there - any reason why not? 

Also another rear facing one (15232) shows as open on my Bliss cruise but seems to be under the front edge of the Fitness center - just wondering if that will likely be a bit noisy.

On 10/28/2018 at 3:10 PM, Socalev said:

View of an angled balcony on deck 10 Bliss.  We were in deck 9 B8 connecting cabin which extends out and could see into the balconies above us (and they could see us as well).  We could not see into the cabins!

20181013_132622.jpg

Whst cabin number?

We have a forward facing angled on the Bliss (Deck 14, cabin 14158)...Deck 15 above, there is NOTHING in the space directly above us. We are also the "first" angled from the front of the ship on the deck.  Hoping I picked well.  This is our first angled.  Booked my in-laws in the same cabin directly across in cabin 14758. Other family is in the room next to them, so at least they will know the neighbors, and I can almost guarantee that the balcony will NOT get opened between them...(my FIL asked he what he did to me to get the other family to book next to him...nothing, I just didn't want them next to US)

Will let you know what we think of the cabin/balcony and the wind.

• Like 1

I have been in both a rear and forward facing balcony. Both were starboard aft. 13870 on the Escape (forward facing) and 13852 on the Bliss (rear facing). I didn't have issues with wind on either one of them. Also, even though these two balconies "face each other", I didn't really feel any lack of privacy at all. We had our cabin steward bring us a lounge chair both times and put it on the deeper end of the balcony. So really, all that is "exposed" when lying in the lounger is your feet. The neighbor on the short end of the balcony could see into the deep end of the balcony if they were leaning against their railing, but if they are just sitting in their chairs, they can't see in at all.

Edited by JamieLogical

• 3 years later...
On 3/12/2018 at 11:39 PM, caddykid12 said:

Had the port side angled balcony facing foward. Loved it and booked it again for next year14 day cruise. U are less private as one direction can see u clearly but it was great

Yes, but you can see 16 OTHER people clearly as well.

Soooooooo......

Who's laughing NOW?