Coastal Kitchen reservations if staying in Jr Suite?

hclg

I thought you were allowed to make dinner reservations if staying in a Jr Suite. We are sailing in the Allure but when I went to make advance reservations I don't see that as a dining option. Does anyone know is it only for the higher level suites? If you have eaten there what did you think? Any info appreciated.

I was on harmony in a jr. suite in December 2016. While we were allowed to dine in coastal kitchen for dinner only, our ‘royal sea class’ sea passes would not open the door at dinner time nor were we ever able to make reservations in coastal kitchen. Since we always dine at 8 or later it was never a problem for us, we dined in coastal kitchen at least 4 times that week. I found the service and food menu to be slightly better than main dining room. They confirmed we were allowed and could eat there every day if we wanted. Every day I had to knock on the door or wait for someone leaving to enter.

Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off Allure last week and were only able to get two nights. Our problem was we had our 3 year old grandson with us so week couldn't eat too late.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I honestly think it is on purpose that jr. suites cannot make reservations in coastal kitchen in advance. It is meant for the star & sky class sea pass holders by default, and only if availability permits do they allow sea class members and that is only for dinner where star and sky members have other free dining venues available to them. So availability is tied to the star and sky folks taking advantage of the other fine dining venues on the ship.

Kyle

I honestly think it is on purpose that jr. suites cannot make reservations in coastal kitchen in advance. It is meant for the star & sky class sea pass holders by default, and only if availability permits do they allow sea class members and that is only for dinner where star and sky members have other free dining venues available to them. So availability is tied to the star and sky folks taking advantage of the other fine dining venues on the ship.

Kyle

We will be on the Anthem 3/17 with another couple, both in JS, we were able to reserve CK party of 4 for the 7 nights months ago. So whoever wants to reserve ahead of time keep checking your cruise planner.

We will be on the Anthem 3/17 with another couple, both in JS, we were able to reserve CK party of 4 for the 7 nights months ago. So whoever wants to reserve ahead of time keep checking your cruise planner.

The OP is sailing on Allure. A number of recent threads on here have pointed out that while those sailing in JS can make pre-cruise dinner reservations for CK on the Quantum class ships, this is not true on Oasis class. (Heck, those folks have to knock on the door of CK to even get in, and hope someone answers! :rolleyes:)