Buying abroad

villagenut

Our second cruise is coming up and i have never really shopped liquor prices on the islands verse here in the states.(we will port in Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel), So i have a couple of questions:

1) Are there some good buys that I should take advantage of in these ports.

2) I know you have to turn it in when you get back on ship but how does it work after that? when do you get it back, and what do you do getting it thru customs.?

Thanks!

InIcayman the stores will have a take with you and a send it to the ship price. There is a cigar shop to the left as you face the shore from the ship that has good prices. Alot of people don't pay tax but if customs ask if you are carrying and you tell them no, hope you don't get the luck of being searched. They don't usually but the fines are heavy if caught. Which port? In Houston we have specs liquor, they have everything and are pretty cheap.

Our second cruise is coming up and i have never really shopped liquor prices on the islands verse here in the states.(we will port in Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel), So i have a couple of questions:

1) Are there some good buys that I should take advantage of in these ports.

2) I know you have to turn it in when you get back on ship but how does it work after that? when do you get it back, and what do you do getting it thru customs.?

Thanks!

you might save a few dollars when buying it in port. you get the booze back the day/night before you get off the ship. i just got back from a cruise less then 2 weeks ago and never had to fill out customs forms, unless you wanted to. the only thing you want to look at is if youre flying the amount of alcohol allowed to travel with per that airline. i would only suggest buying something that they dont have in the states or is very hard to find in your area, or just a really cool looking bottle

In my experience the bottles sold are larger than what you will find at home... on the ship they generally have similar prices... I got two extra large bottles of baileys in Cozumel for 35 dollars.. most are sold as two for one price... the shop will box them and once you board the ship takes them and delivers them to your stateroom on the last night of the cruise ...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums