Pre-booking Dining Package & Availability of Restaurants

MamaChach

I really want to pre book the 4 night dining package. I am worried, as I have read some posts that report that many of the restaurants they wanted had no reservations when they boarded the ship. We are in Concierge class and I was under the impression that the Concierge could make our reservations.

Has anyone had this situation? We are on a fully sold out cruise.

THANKS

I really want to pre book the 4 night dining package. I am worried, as I have read some posts that report that many of the restaurants they wanted had no reservations when they boarded the ship. We are in Concierge class and I was under the impression that the Concierge could make our reservations.

Has anyone had this situation? We are on a fully sold out cruise.

THANKS

If you are in a higher end suite you are contacted by the shore side concierge who makes reservations. I don’t think if you are in concierge you are contacted.

But I don’t think you will have problem if you make the dinner reservations as soon as you board the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is also a Concierge Host/Hostess for those guests sailing in concierge staterooms. They will make reservations for you upon request. On our last cruise on Silhouette, both the Captains Club Hostess and the Concierge Hostess were located on the same floor across the way from each other.

We were on a fully sold out cruise in December. We had a dining package and no reservations . As long as we were a little flexible about our times, we had zero problems making reservations.

AND with the on board discounts for speciality restaurants were non existent except on the first night of the cruise and q-sine every night.

It must depend on individual cruises we previously booked the ultimate dining packages so were eating every night in the speciality restaurants we booked at the desk in the hall before we boarded the ship and managed to get our preferred time and restaurants throughout the cruise, then having tried the various restaurants we tried to amend our choice I think on day three for the sixth night and we could only get a table if we ate early at 6pm (our preferred time is 8 to 8.30 pm). I see often people saying they could not get the early time but with us it was the reverse. Possibly because it was a port intensive cruise in the Med and people did not want to rush back from excursions to eat or just that Europeans tend to eat later. I am sure if you are flexible on times you will get to eat in the restaurants you choose.

It must depend on individual cruises we previously booked the ultimate dining packages so were eating every night in the speciality restaurants we booked at the desk in the hall before we boarded the ship and managed to get our preferred time and restaurants throughout the cruise, then having tried the various restaurants we tried to amend our choice I think on day three for the sixth night and we could only get a table if we ate early at 6pm (our preferred time is 8 to 8.30 pm). I see often people saying they could not get the early time but with us it was the reverse. Possibly because it was a port intensive cruise in the Med and people did not want to rush back from excursions to eat or just that Europeans tend to eat later. I am sure if you are flexible on times you will get to eat in the restaurants you choose.

Do you board at Southampton ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Reflection a couple of years ago and tried to make Murano reservations for a Wed, Thurs or Fri night. They said they had no openings. We were concierge at the time, so I went to the Concierge desk. She tried and guess what -- we still got the same answer. So, if there are openings the concierge desk can make them. If not, I guess you had to be in a higher class than we were.