First time cruiser w/questions

Laurie7724

First time cruiser with a few questions. How many pieces of luggage are you allowed to bring per person on the cruise? Is it the same for children? Do they actually weigh your suitcase to make sure it is under the required pounds? Also at the ports are you allowed to bring towels from your room off the ship to use on the beach? Thanks for any answers!

Bring as much luggage as you'd like. There is no limit. Just remember to tip the porter. As far as weighing the bags. They probably don't. And what are they REALLY going to do if you're over? Well, I guess they could "accidentally" drop your bag a few times on the way to the ship. Ship towels - yes, you can take them off the ship, however, if you lose one, I think there is a ~$22 charge.

First time cruiser with a few questions. How many pieces of luggage are you allowed to bring per person on the cruise? Is it the same for children? Do they actually weigh your suitcase to make sure it is under the required pounds? Also at the ports are you allowed to bring towels from your room off the ship to use on the beach? Thanks for any answers!

You can bring as many pieces of luggage as you would like. I guarantee you that you will overpack.

No, they do not weigh your luggage. If you are flying to the port, the airline will weigh your luggage and will charge applicable overweight/excess baggage fees, but the cruise line will not.

There are beach/pool towels in the room available for you to use at the pool and take ashore to the beach.

No, they don't weigh your luggage but the airlines DO. Yes, it is the same for children. You are allowed to take Your "Beach" towels off the ship. BUT they are strictly counted, lose it and it will cost you!! I "think" the price is $50 EACH!

You can take as much luggage as you want, and they don't weigh them. We never use a porter, we just take our own luggage up to the luggage drop off place. It's very close to where the shuttle drops us off, so there has never been any point to using a porter to us. We do tip the shuttle driver for unloading our luggage. :)

We take the ship beach towels to the excursions. Like others have said, just dont lose them or they will charge you. But they are nice quality. And I wouldn't want to have to pack towels from home, so it's easier to just take the ship towel. I usually only take 2 for the 4 of us. My kids will use them to dry off quickly, so they dont need their own, and I'm the one carrying them all. :)

We are sailors and always bring these microfiber towels. They take up almost no space, dry very fast, and do not take up your entire beach bag with those huge Carnival towels; https://www.amazon.com/Microfiber-Travel-Camping-Swimming-Pilates/dp/B0734SL61N/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1520975132&sr=8-17&keywords=microfiber+towels+beach

You can take as much luggage as you want, and they don't weigh them. We never use a porter, we just take our own luggage up to the luggage drop off place. It's very close to where the shuttle drops us off, so there has never been any point to using a porter to us. We do tip the shuttle driver for unloading our luggage. :)

We take the ship beach towels to the excursions. Like others have said, just dont lose them or they will charge you. But they are nice quality. And I wouldn't want to have to pack towels from home, so it's easier to just take the ship towel. I usually only take 2 for the 4 of us. My kids will use them to dry off quickly, so they dont need their own, and I'm the one carrying them all. :)

Does all your luggage need to be dropped off at the luggage drop or are you permitted to keep a small bag to carry on yourself?

We are sailors and always bring these microfiber towels. They take up almost no space, dry very fast, and do not take up your entire beach bag with those huge Carnival towels; https://www.amazon.com/Microfiber-Travel-Camping-Swimming-Pilates/dp/B0734SL61N/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1520975132&sr=8-17&keywords=microfiber+towels+beach

What a great idea! Thank you!! Those Carnival towels are REALLY heavy when they get wet.