Give Back With A Purpose Tour in Cozumel- HELP

elainmir

Ok I need help from folks who have taken this tour- Everything I read said donations could be taken to the orphanage. I work with kids every day so I was stoked to be able to help and have a full suitcase of donations ( toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, deodorant ) for the children. But when I went back to look at info for hubby I see this on Carnival's page :

• Please be advised donations are not allowed as per customs regulations.

Should I even attempt to bring these donations now? Or should I donate locally...I really am bummed ..I so wanted to help...ugh.. thanks in advance

On 2 cruises that included Roatan, my wife and I loaded up on stuff like you bring and took it to the elementary school. They were thrilled and I was never questioned. I will be doing it again in May on board the Miracle. I would just do it. Jim

On 2 cruises that included Roatan, my wife and I loaded up on stuff like you bring and took it to the elementary school. They were thrilled and I was never questioned. I will be doing it again in May on board the Miracle. I would just do it. Jim

Remember though, this is a different country, but hey you never know.

I looked at this excursion the last time Cozumel was on our itnerary. There is a great review on here but I haven't been able to find it again. That person mentioned that their children had made bracelets and such for the children in the orphange. They also said there is an oort unity to purchase supplies and such because they stop at a store on the excursion.

You could also check with the orphanage directly too.

I also have taken soccer balls (Cabo San Lucas), candy and school items (MAZ), but this was of my own doing. I could imagine a ship sponsored trip would want the glory. If you really want to do something out to help the locals, arrange it yourself. I have been eying helping out the Humane Society in Cozumel. Just email them (or whatever organization. It makes me happy to know that other people like to help out, just as I do.

I looked at this excursion the last time Cozumel was on our itnerary. There is a great review on here but I haven't been able to find it again. That person mentioned that their children had made bracelets and such for the children in the orphange. They also said there is an oort unity to purchase supplies and such because they stop at a store on the excursion.

You could also check with the orphanage directly too.

They stop at a store along the way to buy items to give?

Interesting.

I also have taken soccer balls (Cabo San Lucas), candy and school items (MAZ), but this was of my own doing. I could imagine a ship sponsored trip would want the glory. If you really want to do something out to help the locals, arrange it yourself. I have been eying helping out the Humane Society in Cozumel. Just email them (or whatever organization. It makes me happy to know that other people like to help out, just as I do.

Yeah that’s true. What I’ve done wasn’t ship sponsored. For anyone going to progreso that’s interested google chicxulub food bank.