Chefs Table Carnival Horizon

Hi,

Know no one will have done the chef's table on this ship - obviously! But, for those who did it on other ships, how was it? Did you enjoy it? The website says wine not included but I hear tell of free flowing wine. Can anyone enlighten me please?

Thank you!

We have enjoyed the Chef's Table six times on five ships over the past seven years. The first was the best because it was all new and the wine was flowing. The last two dinners we attended, one in 2017 and one in 2016, the wine did not flow without asking for refills. The menu is the same on all ships until they roll out a new menu every couple of years. Much has to do with the Executive Chef and how he conducts the evening. Some talk too much and others are fairly dry. The same is true for the other diners. Overall, we enjoyed the meal and the people we met each time, with only one that we would have skipped. It is definitely worth doing once and we will likely try it again when the menu changes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Edited by SeeJennyCruise
typo

We did the Chef’s Table on Triumph in January. The wine was definitely flowing. It was a very fun experience. There was even a magician that came in and gave a short magic show. The food was great.

A word of advice. Unless you’re a really big eater you need to pace yourself and not feel like you have to clean your plate every course. I ate so much that I was miserable!

I've done it on the Pride twice. First time, there were wine ninjas. There was 4 attendants and they would sneak up and refill your glass without you seeing them. So you never really know how much you drank.

The second time I did it, there was only 1 attendant, and was not as stealthy as before, but the wine still flowed pretty easily.

I've done it on the Pride twice. First time, there were wine ninjas. There was 4 attendants and they would sneak up and refill your glass without you seeing them. So you never really know how much you drank.

The second time I did it, there was only 1 attendant, and was not as stealthy as before, but the wine still flowed pretty easily.

I love party's with "wine ninjas"! My wine glass is always full and by the end of the party I'm a happy camper!

We have done chefs table twice, one on Sensation, one on Miracle. We enjoyed both very much! The wine was definitely flowing, and we had wine ninjas too...lol! The experience on both ships was great fun, and the food was amazing. I agree with what has been said, pace yourself, there is so much being served, and with all the wine, it is easy to not notice. We have reservations for our upcoming Horizon sailing too, looking forward to it! Also looking forward to this being in a dedicated dining room, rather than tables set up in the dance club!

DH and I enjoyed our Chef's Table experience on the Pride in January. The wine wasn't exactly flowing (you never got a full glass of anything), but they kept the glasses filled about half way throughout dinner. We are doing CT on our Horizon cruise in 2019 for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

We just did it on the Miracle in Feb 2018 and I agree. You can have as much wine as you wanted and they kept your glass 1/2 filled each time

We just booked the Horizon out of NYC on May 24 and I did request the Chef's Table. I hope the menu is different then what we just had in Feb, but if it isn't, we'll still enjoy it immensely! Everything we had was delicious, but just want dishes we haven't had.

If you search John Heald's page over on that 'other site' he had posted pictures of the new menu for the Chef's Table on the Horizon. I can't wait to try it on the TA. And yes, the wine does flow freely, including the bubbly pre-dinner. :):wine-glass::wine-glass::champagne-toast:

We just booked the Horizon out of NYC on May 24

I'm also sailing - can't wait to see Bermuda for the first time.

:DI have done Chef's Table three times and while some items are repeated, I enjoyed each meal. It has two things going for it, the food quality and presentation along with unmatched service. The explanation of each course by the chef is a wonderful part of the presentation.

For the Horizon, however, I booked two (count 'em 2) trips to the Teppan table because I am a fan of the dexterity needed to cut and fly through the air two shrimp into enough to feed eight people.:D:D:D:D