Suggestions on what to do with young kids

pezgirlroy

Thanks in advance. Our Disney cruise at the end of April is now going to St. Maarten instead of Tortola. My husband is going scuba diving but looking for ideas for myself, 2 year old,7 year old, and grandparents. Not sure what is open but would love to do our part by spending some money on the island. Any suggestions? Thank you.

• 11 months later...
On 3/14/2018 at 11:18 AM, pezgirlroy said:

Thanks in advance. Our Disney cruise at the end of April is now going to St. Maarten instead of Tortola. My husband is going scuba diving but looking for ideas for myself, 2 year old,7 year old, and grandparents. Not sure what is open but would love to do our part by spending some money on the island. Any suggestions? Thank you.

On 3/11/2019 at 11:39 AM, lsw0224 said:

Did you find anything? I will have a 3year old and a 8 year old so I would love some ideas

Are you looking for active, somewhat active, island tour?  There are some Jeep tours available, beach breaks, etc.  I’ve done the America’s Cup Regatta years ago, and have also taken an island tour with Bernard’s Tours, which was an air conditioned bus tour around Dutch St Maarten and French St Martin.  There is a stop at Orient Beach (part of the beach is clothing optional, but not the entire beach), time to shop on the French side, some time at Maho Beach to watch the airplanes land/take off.  Soda and beer are included as part of the tour.  Was a really good tour.  There are some tacky tourist and jewelry stores right near the pier, and better shopping on Front Street in Philipsburg, which is a water taxi ride across the bay from the cruise dock. St Maarten is a beautiful island.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 9:11 PM, A2Mich said:

Are you looking for active, somewhat active, island tour?  There are some Jeep tours available, beach breaks, etc.  I’ve done the America’s Cup Regatta years ago, and have also taken an island tour with Bernard’s Tours, which was an air conditioned bus tour around Dutch St Maarten and French St Martin.  There is a stop at Orient Beach (part of the beach is clothing optional, but not the entire beach), time to shop on the French side, some time at Maho Beach to watch the airplanes land/take off.  Soda and beer are included as part of the tour.  Was a really good tour.  There are some tacky tourist and jewelry stores right near the pier, and better shopping on Front Street in Philipsburg, which is a water taxi ride across the bay from the cruise dock. St Maarten is a beautiful island.

Thanks for the advice...the tour with Bernards sounds like something we can do

• Like 1