FTTF Price gone up.

The FTTF increase, Room service changes, 15 % delivery charge on Fun Shop purchases, Cheers price increase...all happened since I put down the deposit for our cruise in November...for a new Carnival cruiser, I can’t help but feel a certain way. We cruise in July and I can’t help but wonder, “What next?”

I never want to cruise without it. Im too used to boarding first and going right to my room to drop stuff off and freshen up. I dont want to be one of those people sitting on the deck chairs with all my stuff waiting and waiting for my room! Plus I dont have to wait in the Guest services line and that makes it worth it too!!!

I paid $69.95 for a 5 day a few weeks ago. Glad I got it when I did.

Same for me, I paid the lesser amount on February 26. I wasn't really happy about the price, but it is my last cruise before turning Platinum. No way would I have paid it at the higher price.

The FTTF increase, Room service changes, 15 % delivery charge on Fun Shop purchases, Cheers price increase...all happened since I put down the deposit for our cruise in November...for a new Carnival cruiser, I can’t help but feel a certain way. We cruise in July and I can’t help but wonder, “What next?”

These changes aren't isolated to Carnival. I am booked on RCI and NCL and the same thing is happening there.

No announcements or anything. You just go in one day and the prices are higher and then the word spreads through CC.

Bill

We did buy FTTF once when it first came out in 2013(?) and was the lowest price it ever was, but never got again, we stopped before they went up on price the first time. We do not find it necessary for us. Now, we just make sure we choose the earliest check-in time available as soon as it is available to choose and get on early that way (see online check-in). I do think early boarding is a good benefit.

FTTF does allow you in your cabin earlier so you don't have to keep up with your carry-ons until you can get in cabin. And supposedly you get your luggage sooner, but it doesn't work out that way always. Our carry-on is a rolling cooler by California Innovations we got from Costco that will hold up to 3 bottles wine in the front pocket and, if needed, a small rolling suitcase (one roller for each of us). The rolling cooler is large enough to carry a lot, and after emptied is a cooler for ice in our cabin. I do think getting in your cabin early is a pretty good benefit. Getting luggage early would be a good benefit if it always actually came early.

It allows you priority in guest services line, but instead we just wait to go when there's no line. For example, on way back to cabin after craps table closes for the night there is literally never one person in line :). There are many many times all thru the cruise I find when I walk by there is only 1-2 people in line at most. Another good time to go by is debarkation morning.

Dining reservations I haven't found any use for. I don't even understand what this would get you that you don't get already ? Priority tender also is of no use for us, we are usually having breakfast when the tenders start loading. When we get down there, it's literally no line, we get right on the next boat. Most of the time, the ship gets to port sooooo early, I don't see the point of getting on the beach at 7am, and then staying there until 3pm 4pm 5pm 6pm ??

Also it allows for early debarkation. Now that's one thing I have NEVER understood, who wants to cut the vacation shorter ? We like to be last off the ship, not first (luggage is easy to find because its the only one left, no lines, breeze thru customs). Now, if it allowed a few EXTRA hours after everyone has left, well that we might consider FTTF again !

costco-1016634-california-innovations-arctic-zone-58can-collapsible-cooler.jpg

It makes sense that something that sells out extremely fast should get a price increase. I think they could increase the price even more, especially if they added extra perks like skipping more lines.
Have an extra line for the comedy club entrance just for FTTF, Platinums and Diamonds. That would be a nice Platinum perk allowing entrance before others.

Is there a reason why some 5 day sailings are $59.95 while other 5 days are $79.99? Same with 4 day sailings, some are $59.95 and others are $69.95. Is it because some of the ships are older than others?

You seriously think that a $20 increase in a limited service is going to pay for a $750+ million ship? You know who is going to pay for the construction of the Horizon? The people who sail on her over the next 20 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you multiply the amount for each FTTF sold times how many per ship times how many ships, the total in one year may not pay the entire construction bill, but it would make a serious dent in the debt. Truthfully, I seriously doubt that's where the money is going. But I do wonder what will be the breaking point to stop the demand for FTTF. $125.00? $150.00? $200.00?

These changes aren't isolated to Carnival. I am booked on RCI and NCL and the same thing is happening there.

No announcements or anything. You just go in one day and the prices are higher and then the word spreads through CC.

Bill

So it’s the cruising industry as a whole that has implemented so many changes in such a short period of time? I just have bad timing I suppose.

So it’s the cruising industry as a whole that has implemented so many changes in such a short period of time? I just have bad timing I suppose.

Yeah, cruising and travel in general has bounced back with a vengeance and the industry is ready to get back all the stuff they gave away years ago. Demand is up so they can get away with it...then again many of fees are purely optional,so they can still be avoided by those frugal passengers.

$90 x 100 cabins x 25 ships x 52 weeks = $11,700,000 close to 12 million per year !

In reality the price varies, so the price I used was just a guesstimate of what the average is. I used 1 week as the average sailing length. Also, I just guessed there are 100 cabins sold per ship.

Prices Starting

Per Stateroom / Cruise Durations

$39.95 USD / 2 day and 3 day cruises (excluding Carnival Liberty) $13.33 - $20/day

$49.95 USD / 4 day cruises on Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Sensation $12.50/day

$59.95 USD / 3 day cruises on Carnival Liberty $20/day

$59.95 USD / 4 day cruises on Carnival Elation, Carnival Fantasy and Carnival Victory $15/day

$59.95 USD / 5 day cruises on Carnival Sensation $12/day

$69.95 USD / 4 day cruises on Carnival Conquest, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Valor and Carnival Vista $17.50/day

$79.95 USD / 5 day cruises (excluding Carnival Sensation) $16/day

$89.95 USD / 6 day and 7 day cruises $12.86-$15/day

$99.95 USD / 8 day and longer cruises (excluding Carnival Journeys departures) $12.50 or less/day

I thought that price was a little high for a 5 day, but oh well. Mom and her rolator can get to the room and drop off the sodas before grabbing a bite to eat. Hope to beat some of the crowds:hearteyes:

Yeah, cruising and travel in general has bounced back with a vengeance and the industry is ready to get back all the stuff they gave away years ago. Demand is up so they can get away with it...then again many of fees are purely optional,so they can still be avoided by those frugal passengers.

Since paying off our cruise, I’ve been doing some research for our 20th anniversary celebration next summer. I’ve compared AIs, cruises, and traditional land vacays. Since we are frugal and don’t eat/drink alcohol alot, it’s looking like a land vacay would be our least expensive option...keeping my options open though :)

I think along with the price increase, it would have been a nice perk to add in an extra point to your VIFP account when purchasing FTTF. That would give the extra incentive for those balking at the increase to get it and at the same time you'd be working a bit extra towards getting closer to the Platinum level where you won't need it anymore.

Being a little over halfway mark to Platinum, I would have loved that.

I believe (and I could be totally wrong) that number available is based on Platinum and Diamond sailing which is why some become available later on (I'm sure they only release so many with days before or based on available cabins). I've been on cruises when over 1/3 are Platinum and Diamond and been on a few when there's a lot of newbies. I think the Mobile sailings had fewer Platinum and Diamond versus blue & red.

FTTF is nice, but I can easily park myself with my carry on and a drink for a few hours. I can think of much better ways to spend a hundred bucks.

We're with you (y)

If we're on around 11:30 or 12 and the cabins aren't ready until 1:30 ... that's the perfect amount of time for a leisurely lunch and an umbrella drink. Our rolling tote bag is very well behaved and sits quietly by our sides while we eat and then find a nice seat out on deck to sip our cocktail. :D

$90 x 100 cabins x 25 ships x 52 weeks = $11,700,000 close to 12 million per year !

In reality the price varies, so the price I used was just a guesstimate of what the average is. I used 1 week as the average sailing length. Also, I just guessed there are 100 cabins sold per ship.

Not sure what point you’re trying to make, $12 million may sound like a lot but it’s only 0.07% of CCL’s 2017 revenues of $17.5 billion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums