Royal Princess with a 21yr old..thoughts?

elainemasey61

People on Carnival.

81AY0X-HccL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

9k=

People on Princess.

Z

seniors-walking-with-walkers-mev93015.jpg[/quot

e]

Oh brother. So wrong. I’ve cruised both. More on Princess. About 12 cruises on Princess and I have seen a few walkers but not many. I see people of all ages. Including the folks I cruise with who have been 18 to 65

Sure thing.

Oh I forgot the latest craze on Princess.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZiMtgkkBSix-cUv7jk3tK5ddnWhvyONIiuO8xPmFxiPDvGSFNjVU7FL_r8Zi8JwKXZdQ0KU3p&usqp=CAc

We did 3 cruises this January. On each cruise there were very, very few teens. Some kids under 10 but not much older. Those in their 20's were mostly couples.

There is a basketball court which some people enjoy.

Some of the themed trivia and other games such as Liars club or Majority rules can be fun for all ages as well as Karaoke and some shows in the main theatre.

Someone that is 21 and very outgoing should be fine but if they are the type that is bored to death at family gathering due all the old aunts and uncles it could be a long week for them.

Hopefully he would enjoy doing some port activities with the parents.

The suggestion to bring a friend is probably the best one. A 21-year old alone is either going to be cramping your style or bored. With a buddy, it will be more of an adventure. Definitely worth the extra cost.

I took my then-21 year old with me on a Princess Caribbean cruise. The ports were great and she had a fantastic time. On the ship, she mostly relaxed. But she is a (self-proclaimed) nerd who makes her own entertainment. If yours is more the active type, might benefit from a friend.

FloridaLover, I think you have Princess confused with HAL "Newly Wed or Nearly Dead." Princess cruisers tend to be active 50+ers.

We took my twin nephews with us on a cruise a couple of years ago when they were that age. Them, as well as a few of the crew and entertainers, were the only ones onboard that were in that age group. They were so excited when they read the daily and there was an 18-21 year old group get together in the Explorers Lounge. Well, they left after waiting to see if anybody else would show up ... which they never did because there were none onboard. I think they had an ok time but really had wished we'd have chosen a cruiseline that was more geared to that age group. I would say Royal Caribbean might have been a better choice.

We took my twin nephews with us on a cruise a couple of years ago when they were that age. Them, as well as a few of the crew and entertainers, were the only ones onboard that were in that age group. They were so excited when they read the daily and there was an 18-21 year old group get together in the Explorers Lounge. Well, they left after waiting to see if anybody else would show up ... which they never did because there were none onboard. I think they had an ok time but really had wished we'd have chosen a cruiseline that was more geared to that age group. I would say Royal Caribbean might have been a better choice.

Much depends on when the cruise occurred. During holiday periods and school vacation times there many a number of 18-21 year olds aboard on any cruise line. But in January, any cruise line is likely to have few in that age group.

People on Carnival.

81AY0X-HccL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

9k=

People on Princess.

Z

seniors-walking-with-walkers-mev93015.jpg[/quot

LOL ! These photos are hilarious, although the photo of the senior citizens applies more to HAL, in my opinion. ;p.

If you take a 21 yr old on Princess, I agree w/ the suggestion to allow him to take a friend along so they can share a cabin together, or choose an itinerary that is port-intensive, so he can go on active excursions, like the ziplines, etc.

I love Princess, but the quieter atmosphere on board greatly appeals to "mature" cruisers in my age group, rather than younger college-age cruisers, who might like a livelier atmosphere. JMO --- EBC

FloridaLover, I think you have Princess confused with HAL "Newly Wed or Nearly Dead." Princess cruisers tend to be active 50+ers.

Not at all. Princess has thee oldest cruisers of all the mass market cruise lines. It even tops out HAL by a year or two.

Avg age on Princess for Feb/Mar trips on the Royal was waaaay over 50 with few grand kids to be seen. Maybe around 40 one week.