Grandeur Live Review St. Paddy’s Day March 15-24, 2018, 9 day

DaisyL

Daisy, thank you so very much for your wonderful review. We are 2 weeks and counting. Looking forward to our first trip on the Grandeur.

Food looks wonderful and we stay in the Main Dining room for our dinners. We will have to seek out Elvis. Our snow is melting quickly and the sun is shining. Have a safe trip going home.

Also, if you’re in Solarium visit our friend Nenad....the best. He didn’t want his picture posted; we always ask. Tell him Dianne and Jim of the B52s told you to visit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow, I have a friend who spells your name the same as you and married to Jim. I'm fairly certain you're not them, because they've been posting snow pictures this week.

I think i'm going to take your inspiration and do my own Live thread in April.

Wow, I have a friend who spells your name the same as you and married to Jim. I'm fairly certain you're not them, because they've been posting snow pictures this week.

Wow, what a coincidence.

You should do a live report...I’ll certainly follow along.

Thank you for the great review, Daisy. (y)

Heading to Baltimore tomorrow to board Lady G. Can’t wait !

Hope the weather warms up on the first sea day. Very cold 52 degree high and a burst of cold air every time the Solarium door opens.

Hope the weather warms up on the first sea day. Very cold 52 degree high and a burst of cold air every time the Solarium door opens.

Have you noticed the ship being cold? I am generally fairly cold blooded, so what you describe is actually comfortable for me.

However, last February, when I was on Grandeur, on the way back, it got cold, like below freezing cold. I felt the rooms were not very insulated as I had to actually turn my heat all the way into the red to stay comfortable. I've NEVER had to do that anywhere before. I just remembered opening the door into the hallway (I had an interior on deck 7 midship) and it felt like a 20 degree difference between my room and the hallway.

Have you noticed the ship being cold? I am generally fairly cold blooded, so what you describe is actually comfortable for me.

However, last February, when I was on Grandeur, on the way back, it got cold, like below freezing cold. I felt the rooms were not very insulated as I had to actually turn my heat all the way into the red to stay comfortable. I've NEVER had to do that anywhere before. I just remembered opening the door into the hallway (I had an interior on deck 7 midship) and it felt like a 20 degree difference between my room and the hallway.

I’m warm blooded and always hot so the temperature on board is a mixed bag. The couple we’re cruising with are always cold so today they wore turtleneck or sweatshirt and jeans in the Solarium but my husband and I had on short sleeves, he in shorts and me in capris.

When the weather was warm in Florida and Bahamas Solarium was too warm for all of us.

In the dining room I felt it was a little warm but the others were comfortable.

Today I needed to turn the AC temp higher in the cabin, with the cooler weather we could feel the difference.

Please do!

Daisy...I can 'see' you safely cruising up the bay. Thanx for taking us along with you on this Grandeur trip. Here's wishing you all an easy debark, safe travel home and speedy returns to our fav ship!;)

To all those boarding tomorrow, bon voyage! To any of you considering doing another live thread, please do so and drop a post on this thread to pick us up so we can follow along again.:D