Grandeur Live Review St. Paddy’s Day March 15-24, 2018, 9 day

DaisyL

Thank you all for your good wishes and certainly following along. I’ll post some additional pix and thoughts this weekend.

To all of you leaving today and in the future have a great cruise. We certainly did.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Trying to keep up as we cruise grandeur this summer for 9 nights. Thanks for the menus but trying to figure out what days we’re “formal” nights?

Looks like lobster night was the second to last night?

When was the first formal night?

The first formal night was the 2nd day of the cruise, first sea day. And yes lobster formal night was second to last night.

Thanks for doing the live review. I hadn't realized you were doing it or otherwise would have followed along here and there. We were on the same sailing -- actually, I think I unknowingly bumped into you in the Solarium one day. Looking back through your posts and pictures jogged my memory for the review I am going to post shortly and also gave me a different perspective on the same voyage since you did different things than we did.

Hopefully you made it home safely!

Norwegian2016; Thank you for adding your review here and to Deltablue, thank you for asking for it.

I agree with most of your observations but just a few additions.

Smoked salmon is offered everyday in the WJ at breakfast but not always on display. You must ask for it.

As I said on the ship, because the quality of the meals and service is so good in the MDR there is no need to dine in a specialty restaurant on this ship to get a better meal. We (and the couple traveling with us) thought the dining in Grandeur is the best of the 7 Royal cruises we have been on.

This was our second cruise on Grandeur and the age difference was very different from our cruise Oct 28- Nov 9, 2017 and certainly surprised at the difference; it can certainly be seen in the various venues too. This cruise was during Spring break for many school age children and college students. Only a few young children on the last cruise and college was in session then.

On this cruise we only attended the two production shows which we really enjoyed, as well as last time. But our friends attended every show and would also agree with your observations.

Also agree with checking the rates of the drink packages and excursions prior to your cruise. The prices vary often and if you see a lower deal, call Royal to get the price readjusted. Along with drinks less than $12, bottled water, fresh squeezed orange juice for breakfast in WJ and MDR, coffees in Cafe-latitudes, coke machines with your special ‘chipped’ cup and fountain sodas at the bars, are included.

Thank you for your observations. If anyone wants to comment on any topic, please do.

Thank You DaisyL for the excellent review.

I will be cruising on the Grandeur for the first time this November and am certainly looking forward to it especially after reading your review.

Thank you so much. Hope you have a great time as we did.

665eef210a5aec842601e422e5e77156.jpg

Departure forms were distributed to staterooms day 4 to be completed and put in drop box at guest services by day 6. We requested 9 - 9:30 am and given group 18. Perfect for us. We don’t like to ‘hurry up and wait’ so we had a nice leisurely breakfast at 7:45 in the WJ, and headed to the theatre at 8:40 am and our group was called at 9:15 to debark.

Picked up our luggage, packed the truck and on the road by 10:00 am. Easy peasy!

In our opinion, Royal has the most organized embark/debark process of any cruise line we have experienced; 25+ cruises total. This was our 7th cruise with Royal including ports of Miami & Bayonne (Cape Liberty), as well as Baltimore.

WOW - we were on this cruise as well, and what a great rerun!

Some information that I didn't see answered.

Savory bites. They are no longer in the bread basket - but if you ask, they will have them night 2 and continuing. DH is their biggest fan, so I know.

Loyalty Ambassador is Laura Baksa, Brazil. She is filling a schedule right now, so I'm not sure if she's returning to Grandeur after her vacation.

And to anyone that might ask, the Artichoke Crepes were AWESOME!

Savory bites. They are no longer in the bread basket - but if you ask, they will have them night 2 and continuing. DH is their biggest fan, so I know.

Loyalty Ambassador is Laura Baksa, Brazil. She is filling a schedule right now, so I'm not sure if she's returning to Grandeur after her vacation.

Thanks for the info on Luara Baksa

Thank you for responding.