cancelling and rebooking when you find a better deal?

Hi All

I'm very new to cruising and have seen a lot of comments about upgrading or rebooking when better inclusions are advertised.

Can someone shed some light for me? I'm booked with RCI for next April and was wondering if I see a better deal advertised or can get a better balcony room before the penalty applies do I cancel existing booking and make a new one, or will Royal Caribbean assist to make changes to the booking?

Thanks

If you are booked under US or Canadian rules, you should not have to cancel and rebook to get a better deal before final payment date. However, sometimes it is not possible if RC deems that the better deal is restricted to new bookings.

you need to call whoever you booked with. If you find a better price for you cabin category a simple call to you TA will get you repriced. Usually nothing will come your way after final payment but even then it's worth a call. happy cruising. If you booked with no refunds to get a better price it is usually not worth the cancel and re book effort.

It's worth it to give RCI a call to see what they can do, they're always so polite and quick [iMO], and at the very least you can ensure nothing goes wrong!

I saw a HUGE savings come up on our itinerary, however we were within a 150/100 days pre-sailing timeframe [sneaky?!?] so couldn't just 'change' it. But - the saving was so big that even with paying the stated cancellation fee, it worked out much better, and the difference almost covered a beverage package.

BUT - I called RCI to organise the change because I didn't want any accidents with the booking - we kept our preferred stateroom and the shore tours / specialty dining already booked. Confirmation email came straight away and all the transactions were processed really quickly [note that your refund WON'T be processed before your 'new' payment so you do need the funds available though we only waited less than a week... we're Australian, so i thought that was pretty good for an international transaction!]

It's worth it to give RCI a call to see what they can do, they're always so polite and quick [iMO], and at the very least you can ensure nothing goes wrong!

I saw a HUGE savings come up on our itinerary, however we were within a 150/100 days pre-sailing timeframe [sneaky?!?] so couldn't just 'change' it. But - the saving was so big that even with paying the stated cancellation fee, it worked out much better, and the difference almost covered a beverage package.

BUT - I called RCI to organise the change because I didn't want any accidents with the booking - we kept our preferred stateroom and the shore tours / specialty dining already booked. Confirmation email came straight away and all the transactions were processed really quickly [note that your refund WON'T be processed before your 'new' payment so you do need the funds available though we only waited less than a week... we're Australian, so i thought that was pretty good for an international transaction!]

Had the same positive experience for our cruise later in the year, except we were still in the no cost cancellation period so no fee and deposit was transferred across to the new booking. Rang up RCI, the gentleman at the other end cancelled our booking and put in a new one on the new lower price with OBC that was in the deal, kept the same stateroom, all good. We never use travel agents and do all our own bookings online, but in this case was much better to call and get RCI to sort it out than cancel and re-book ourselves, especially as we may then have lost the room we'd picked.