Effy jewellery

beckyboo22

Hi Everyone

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with EFFY Jewellery that is available to buy on the Princess ships ?

My husband bought me an anniversary gift and after just 7 months 3 diamonds have fallen out :-(

Not having any luck with Princess of EFFY direct :-(

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Thank you

You might try a forum search, there have been several recent threads on that subject matter. The Effy jewelry sold on Princess ships is guaranteed by both Effy and Princess. The details of their dispute/repair/replacement policies should be in the paperwork that accompanied the jewelry. Do the search, you should find some excellent information.

From the second thread listed here is what we had to do.

You should be directed to first work with Princess Boutiques Customer Service boutiquescustomerservice@princesscruises.com

If the person has not been replaced you will deal with Ms. Char Larkin (clarkin@princesscruises.com)

We had some difficulty with lack of a timely response until we added Jan Swartz to our e-mail chain (jswartz@princesscruises.com) politely asking for assistance which resulted in a phone call 15 minutes later.

Wishing you good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife has quite a bit of EFFY Jewelry mostly purchased at Macy's and directly from Effy in NY. Most of it purchased 5-10 years ago. No issues and obviously she liked the designs or would not have purchased. . Since we still get Effy mailings, etc. I have noticed over the past few years their prices are starting to get 'ridiculous' and offer limited value. They also are not forthcoming with the quality of diamonds used which are usually lower grade.

We looked at their shipboard store on CB recently and I wondered why anyone would buy onboard. You can buy direct from their website to avoid sales tax if that is important. And of course there are a myriad of stores in US and Caribbean selling it.The one thing I do like with Levian and Effy is (like a watch) with the wide marketing of the product price comparisons are relatively simple if you like the product.

We were surprised to see on the CB a large display of natural Alexandrite pieces. My wife is looking for this and I had never seen Effy marketing this stone, We were turned off by the shipboard store and did not really investigate further.

Just came off Regal (3/4/18 cruise). I looked at an item and found that it was the same price as on their web site, except that the web had an additional 20% discount on the price. Needless to say I did not buy it onboard.

Effy must really pay handsomely to keep their shops open on board the Princess ships.

Someone has to be subsidizing the operation. :D