Photos From Dutch Harbor - 2016 and 2012

Keith1010

Thanks Keith1010 for the pictures of Dutch Harbor. We are flying out there in May so it's good to see pictures from someone who has been there. We are really looking forward to it. We will be renting a car to see the place.

• 4 months later...

Thanks Keith1010 for all the pictures of Dutch Harbor. We will be there next August. Did you find the days still pretty cool in August, despite the lack of snow?

I’m also curious, since there are a number of days at sea in the Aleutians, if there is any ships satellite WiFi, other than around a Dutch Harbor itself. When we did Svalbard we were without WiFi for a number of days and we over bought minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Keith1010 for all the pictures of Dutch Harbor. We will be there next August. Did you find the days still pretty cool in August, despite the lack of snow?

I’m also curious, since there are a number of days at sea in the Aleutians, if there is any ships satellite WiFi, other than around a Dutch Harbor itself. When we did Svalbard we were without WiFi for a number of days and we over bought minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are very welcome.

We were fortunate that day that there was no rain.

Overall temperature was moderate. We wore jackets but I would say the high was high 50's.

WiFi was fine for most of the trip and that included getting up to Dutch Harbor.

Keith

Thanks for the photos. We spent several days in Dutch Harbor/Unalaska in July 2016. In our case, we took one of the Alaska Marine Highway System ferries from Kodiak into Dutch Harbor and then stayed for several days before flying out. It was a three night run on the Tustamena, which is one of the AMHS ferries which can handle the open ocean. After the food and amenities on the ferry the food and amenities at the Grand Aleutian hotel were simply wonderful. And flying out of was story in its own right.