Old tyme cruisers, how many days to reach platinum?

cruise_mojo

I'm at 72 days and will reaach Platinum on the next cruise after the 3rd day. 

How do you guys get credit for 75 days or more cruising with less than 75 days? What am I missing?

OBTW, I keep my key cards in a box, so that's what I use to keep track of my cruises, when, where and what ships.

Edited by Radiioman46

I started cruising Carnival in the mid 80's so several of my cruises were under the old method. I only just reached platinum on my cruise this past February and I figured out it took took me 10 cruises to get there so exactly the same number as with the old way. That's because I have to fly to ports so I never take short cruises. The shortest cruise I have ever taken was six days. All my other ones were 7 or 8 days.

20 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

How do you guys get credit for 75 days or more cruising with less than 75 days? What am I missing?

Back in the 2000's, you got Platinum status after sailing on 10 cruises. The length of the cruise didn't matter - you could have done 10 2 or 3 day cruises and made Platinum. (Congrats on your upcoming status!)

• Like 1

yea that's why the old tyme cruisers in the thread 

so far we have us, two shoes and jamman ALL reaching platinum at 43 days 

and karen and I have sailed with two shoes and jerry,  and jamman a couple times each over the last few years just by bumping into each other by "accident" on sheer number of sailings

unless you took the really rare one one taster or cruise to nowhere as they were called then really 30 days would be theoretically the shorted possible time you could score a platinum back in the day  - Karen and I had an "overnight" on the Imagination by invitation of Carnival on its inaugural sailing season but that was what was called a pierside overnight where we didn't sail and was gratis courtesy of the cruise line for airline employees and travel agents but we did have a cabin and everything was free except bottles of wine and champagne but Carnival would not count that night as a cruise when asked when the vip program started. 

interestingly Royal and Celebrity and NCl all changed the way they do their status over the  years too at various times and for whatever reason our first Royal cruise was only a 3 day inside cabin but when they converted the credit for it they gave us like 8 pts for it on our status!  So I think we went right to Gold on our second cruise and are platinum now with them. We hit Emerald with 3 more days on Royal this oct on a 4 day B2B with Elation.