Motion sickness Tablets

We are just off the Allure (2nd,,, or now 3rd largest cruise ship in the world). Sailing in "calm" seas, there was movement. Water sloshing in the toilet. Closet and bathroom doors swaying and slamming. Movement.

We have been on most of RC ships and the bigger ones with the Royal Promenade it felt like we were walking in a land based resort.

We always go for a midship cabin deck 7,8 or 9 but never higher because you can feel a little movement especially with a high forward cabin.

Hey guys, we are taking my in-laws away on a cruise and they are panicking about feeling sick. Where in the UK can you get cheap motion sickness tablets? We've never encountered anything in the past but if it puts the mother in law at ease it has to be a winner!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

Any pharmacy should have a number of offerings available.

MIL should check with her GP or a pharmacist before getting anything.

Ginger tablets are available and usually effective. They may be contraindicated with certain medical conditions.

Seabands do work for some people.

Grab a few green apples the first day at Windjammer. We once talked to a crew member who swore by that method. Once I was desperate enough to try anything and it worked ! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My first cruise with RCCL I happened to look out the windows in the windjammer in rough seas and immediately got nauseous. I hightailed it back to my room and my cabin steward saw I was looking a bit green in the gills. He said “Miss Amanda... I will go get you something, just rest.” He came back with green apples and sat with me while I ate and started to feel better.

10 years later and I still swear by green apples for motion sickness!

My first cruise with RCCL I happened to look out the windows in the windjammer in rough seas and immediately got nauseous. I hightailed it back to my room and my cabin steward saw I was looking a bit green in the gills. He said “Miss Amanda... I will go get you something, just rest.” He came back with green apples and sat with me while I ate and started to feel better.

10 years later and I still swear by green apples for motion sickness!

Thanks for sharing.

When we sail on our other favourite line P&O out of Southampton England most of the cruises sail through the notorious Bay of Biscay and i will get some green apples from the buffet.

Graham