Barcelona port shuttle bus schedule

Twitchly

I see that the shuttle bus that runs between the port terminal and town does not run on a set schedule but on demand, depending on ships arriving and leaving. https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/faq/cruise-ship-terminals/shuttle-bus-barcelona-cruise-terminal.html

We will be embarking in Barcelona and then spending a night there before sailing out the next day. We’d like to spend much of that embarkation day in town and head back to the ship later in the evening. We’ll also be doing our own thing in town the day of departure and want to make sure we leave enough time to get back.

Does anyone know roughly what to expect from the shuttle in terms of hours and frequency? Does it run in the evenings? If no ship is departing or arriving, how often does it run? We’re going next month, which I assume is not peak season, docking in terminal D.

I see that the shuttle bus that runs between the port terminal and town does not run on a set schedule but on demand, depending on ships arriving and leaving. https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/faq/cruise-ship-terminals/shuttle-bus-barcelona-cruise-terminal.html

We will be embarking in Barcelona and then spending a night there before sailing out the next day. We’d like to spend much of that embarkation day in town and head back to the ship later in the evening. We’ll also be doing our own thing in town the day of departure and want to make sure we leave enough time to get back.

Does anyone know roughly what to expect from the shuttle in terms of hours and frequency? Does it run in the evenings? If no ship is departing or arriving, how often does it run? We’re going next month, which I assume is not peak season, docking in terminal D.

Any reason why you won't use a taxi? We found this worked great for us.

Any reason why you won't use a taxi? We found this worked great for us.

We’re cheap! [emoji1] We’ll use a taxi to get from the hotel to the ship with our luggage but we’re hoping to take advantage of the shuttle after that.

So you know...

1.) Shuttle bus takes you as far into the centre as the Columbus Statue, then either walk -if the hotel is close- or take metro/bus. Shuttle is 3-4€, bus/metro is 2.20€ (single ticket)... so say you're two pax: it's going to cost you ~13€ (*)

2.) A taxi to anywhere in the centre shouldn't cost you more than 20€ (incl. additional charges)

(*) If you need to transfer to a second bus to reach your destination note that you'll need a second ticket -unless you were to purchase initially a T-10 travelcard, but not knowing your particulars I can't advise that.