help with aurea free massage

GUEST080219

Booked my first MSC cruise later this year in an aurea "suite". Now I understand that I get a drink package *yay* and a free massage :confused:Being a guy in his mid thirties who has never visited a spa or massage place, and wouldn't do so if it wasn't free...

What the heck should I chose? If you have been in the same situation, which one would be a safe bet preferable without some gibberish sticky stuff on my skin or some other weirdness.

Any input appreciated :)

One week ago I was in your exact situation before our trip on Seaside last week! No history of massages and not knowing what to expect after making it to age 45 without getting one. I'd suggest you go to the spa shortly after boarding as times fill up quickly. They didn't really ask what kind of massage we wanted-- they just booked us up for the standard 45 minute massage (which I think is described as "Balinese") that comes with the Aurea package.

All I can say is... it was AWESOME. So relaxing and not awkward at all. You're down to your skivvies but she keeps a towel over you the whole time. Your only input is if you want a soft, average, or firm massage. I went with soft as my muscles can be a little sensitive and the therapist provided the perfect amount of pressure. They didn't try to sell me anything afterward either, although my girlfriend was offered some junk.

They'll show you around the thermal spa too when you first visit the spa, and that's included for free with the Aurea room. Didn't think I'd care much about that either but it was great too. We stopped there around 4 days and it was nice to relax in the different steam rooms, sauna, and hot tub. Be sure to check it out! I jokingly said to my GF I think this trip converted me to turning metrosexual after the spa experiences, ha ha. :D

The hot stone massage was by far and away my , and my DW's, favourite. WE tried 4 different complimentary massages on a recent cruise.( it's a long story s to how we got them , you can read how here http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=11371)

I like you had never had a massage or visited a spa. and only tried them because they were free