What Has Prompted You From Moving On From Princess to (Premium/Luxury) Lines?

need2cruisesoon

Your're preaching to the choir! Why would you give me the "Oceania is the best value cruiseline" when I've been booked on the 2019 Oceania world cruise for over a year??!! It's ok that you're one of the O cheerleaders, but I don't have to be convinced.

But just because I enjoy Oceania doesn't mean I can't enjoy a mass market line too. Princess has given me many wonderful vacations, as well as Carnival and Celebrity. Fun is what you make it. ;)

Different strokes. I've been on Oceania 3 or 4 times. Good ships, nice cabins. Food has deteriorated greatly from my 1st cruise. The so-called French restaurant served a cassoulet that was from a can of Campbell's beef stew. The Japanese restaurant said Uden on the menu and served spaghetti. The veal was low quality, very fat. The chef came out and apologized, the Maitr D' was embarrassed. Jacque Pepin allows the use of his name. I wrote him and never heard a word; surprise. Oceania is a mass market marketing organization paying as little attention to the customer as possible.

I'm considering a 4 night cruise opn COSTA in their better cabin. I figure I can handle pasta and pizza for 4 days. Any comments?

Different strokes. I've been on Oceania 3 or 4 times. Good ships, nice cabins. Food has deteriorated greatly from my 1st cruise. The so-called French restaurant served a cassoulet that was from a can of Campbell's beef stew. The Japanese restaurant said Uden on the menu and served spaghetti. The veal was low quality, very fat. The chef came out and apologized, the Maitr D' was embarrassed. Jacque Pepin allows the use of his name. I wrote him and never heard a word; surprise. Oceania is a mass market marketing organization paying as little attention to the customer as possible.

I'm considering a 4 night cruise opn COSTA in their better cabin. I figure I can handle pasta and pizza for 4 days. Any comments?

LOL, your comments reminded me of when we went on Crystal... years ago, the steaks offered did not look like any cut we ever saw before... even ran into a butcher walking the main deck one night... he did not recognize the steak cuts either... sometime these high end lines are more hype than substance. Ref your question on Costa... never have been on this line, with the best cabin, sounds doable. We did something similar on NCL, for the price was not disappointed, We skipped the MDR, hit the buffet, made our own sandwiches and salads out of offerings every day... worked out.

Like you said.....different strokes! My one experience on Oceania was totally unlike yours....thank goodness! And from what my best friend experienced on Costa, I (nor she again) wouldn't ever get on one of their ships!

LOL, your comments reminded me of when we went on Crystal... years ago, the steaks offered did not look like any cut we ever saw before... even ran into a butcher walking the main deck one night... he did not recognize the steak cuts either... sometime these high end lines are more hype than substance. Ref your question on Costa... never have been on this line, with the best cabin, sounds doable. We did something similar on NCL, for the price was not disappointed, We skipped the MDR, hit the buffet, made our own sandwiches and salads out of offerings every day... worked out.

We found the food much better on Crystal but nowhere near worth the price.

For me it all comes down to the "small ship experience". I want to feel the ocean and have space to breathe. Princess keeps building ever larger ships and is down to just one small ship. I adore the Pacific and have chosen my vacations occasionally dependent on where she is sailing. (We're still working so the world cruise thing isn't possible right now.) I probably would be considered a Princess loyalist having been on only one other cruise line. We think Princess is a good value and have never had anything less than a superb cruise. The other cruise line was Azamara, also superb. Perhaps I'm easy to please. (That noise you hear is DH laughing his ___ off.) I keep hearing rumors that the Pacific is for sale. I think that when she goes, we will be sailing more on Azamara, Oceania and Viking.

Small ships rule!