Live: Anthem of the Seas, 3/31 to 4/7

Just finished North Star! It was very high up. I'm slightly scared of heights, but made it. [emoji3]

It's a windy day, so it shuddered a little, but the views were great!

0405181440a.thumb.jpg.c5322fd6d05825700c5f39cab3107281.jpg

Edited by CruiseZog

A busy day so far.

First, we took a galley tour, which I found interesting.

Then, we did the iFly. Marcus, our instructor, was very fun.

Next, we did the escape room and made it out in 30 minutes.

Next up is Northstar![ATTACH]418841[/ATTACH][ATTACH]418842[/ATTACH]

How was the escape room? Have you done them on any other ships?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We enjoyed the escape room. It was larger than I expected and fairly challenging. We have not done this on any other ships.

On land, we usually escape in 45 minutes, but did it in 30 minutes here.

The escape room didn't have any high tech effects, but the puzzles were good.

One thing I would say is book right away. Without a Genie, I don't think we would have been able to get in.

Funny you should ask!

One of the boards has been showing the temperature as 45 degrees all day (and that we are traveling at 0 knots).

In reality, today was beautiful, if a bit windy. I would say the temperature was mid 70s. We were all wearing shorts.0405182247a.thumb.jpg.302029cf4ac6a567428fd6f0e009f9ed.jpg

The whole week everyone on the crew has talked about how technologically advanced the ship is... and it seems to be.

Then, you see the temperature and speed glitch, or this screen, which has been stuck the entire week. Somebody re-boot it already!

0405182247.thumb.jpg.6ddee242f251efe4594a938e442eab61.jpg

Edited by CruiseZog

We ended the night with Spectra's Cabaret. As with all of the other shows, the singing and dancing were amazing.

The casts of every show have been impressive.

The theme for the shows, though, seems to be weird. The plots aren't traditional and can be hard to follow. That being said, we all enjoyed them.

Heading back to port... the last day never looks as good.

We had another great breakfast at Coastal Kitchen. It's one of our favorite places on the ship. DS has ordered the French toast everyday... it is delicious!

The whole week everyone on the crew has talked about how technologically advanced the ship is... and it seems to be.

Then, you see the temperature and speed glitch, or this screen, which has been stuck the entire week. Somebody re-boot it already!

[ATTACH]418859[/ATTACH]

someone hit return, already!

The launch was great! We were able to see the launch pad from the ship, so we saw the rocket from takeoff to through the visible sky.

Luckily, we didn't go to KSC. Some people say in traffic for 2+ hours trying to get there.

Today has been really fun! We took the theater tour and got the full behind the scenes access.

We were able to speak with the stage manager and dance captain. It was especially interesting due to one show being cancelled (a piece of the set broke) and another stopped mid-show (safety).

We were able to hear more about what happened and how the cast and crew reacted. Very interesting!

Later today, we had a bridge tour! Jenny (2nd officer) explained everything and answered all of our questions.

The view was amazing and the technology was very cool.

We left very impressed! This was the best of the tours we took.

A busy day so far.

First, we took a galley tour, which I found interesting.

Then, we did the iFly. Marcus, our instructor, was very fun.

Next, we did the escape room and made it out in 30 minutes.

Next up is Northstar![ATTACH]418841[/ATTACH][ATTACH]418842[/ATTACH]

We took the galley tour last month..really interesting!

The launch was great! We were able to see the launch pad from the ship, so we saw the rocket from takeoff to through the visible sky.

Luckily, we didn't go to KSC. Some people say in traffic for 2+ hours trying to get there.

Do you have any shots of the launch to post here?

We board Anthem tomorrow so are nearby tonight. Bring her back in good shape for us please. :D

we're scheduled for the 4/14 sailing, and a SpaceX launch is scheduled for the day we'll be in Port Canaveral. I was psyched to get to KSC, but i've heard from several a launch makes the place a zoo. Actually didn't think it would...it's not infrequent manned stuff any longer.

REALLY glad to hear you can see it clearly from the ship. i think that will be my plan.

So what did you do instead of going to KSC?

we're scheduled for the 4/14 sailing, and a SpaceX launch is scheduled for the day we'll be in Port Canaveral. I was psyched to get to KSC, but i've heard from several a launch makes the place a zoo. Actually didn't think it would...it's not infrequent manned stuff any longer.

REALLY glad to hear you can see it clearly from the ship. i think that will be my plan.

So what did you do instead of going to KSC?

We were planning on going to KSC but with the launch and expected crowds we decided against it. We just hung out on board and enjoyed the ship. Here is a picture I took of the launch. a584c48550373cb50e7606db0490bb6e.jpg

We were planning on going to KSC but with the launch and expected crowds we decided against it. We just hung out on board and enjoyed the ship. Here is a picture I took of the launch. a584c48550373cb50e7606db0490bb6e.jpg

Wow, thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sold. Staying on the ship. That is really, really cool.