Live: Anthem of the Seas, 3/31 to 4/7

Your sail away pictures are amazing! Are your cabins true aft? I'm wondering what view you had, since I will be boarding on the seventh as you are leaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, true aft. It's one of the reasons we were willing to upgrade to this room. The view is amazing!!!

Quiet morning, went to Easter Mass with a priest I assume they brought on just for this cruise.

Then, we went to a meet and greet with the officers (we said hello to the captain!).

Now, we're just relaxing and enjoying the view. [emoji41]

0401181227.thumb.jpg.8d02ee68152107c25df16482ddf8d986.jpg

I did watch the harbor pilot jump off from the bridge wing... that was cool.

Did he rappel down or use the parachute this time?

April fools. :D

What speed is the ship doing to get down to PC by noon tomorrow?

Edited by robtulipe

Quiet morning, went to Easter Mass with a priest I assume they brought on just for this cruise.

Then, we went to a meet and greet with the officers (we said hello to the captain!).

[ATTACH]418283[/ATTACH]

Who is the cruise director and do you know how long they will be on. We are sailing May 3rd on the Anthem.

Aileen

Who is the cruise director and do you know how long they will be on. We are sailing May 3rd on the Anthem.

Aileen

Clo O'Connor until May13th according to

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2619088&highlight=CD

We've had her as CD for two of our longer recent cruises, both repositioning ones and she is very good.

Great North Star photo Brianweb! We're not doing North Star for a few more days.

As Host Clarea said, the meet and greet was for suite guests.

Robtulipe, we are doing 20 knots and are around the NC / SC border.

I've spent most of the day just relaxing and reading. I definitely needed to recharge (my main goal for this vacation!).

Now, I'm waiting for the drink cart with high hopes!

I have to say, tonight was disappointing. We had dinner at Chops... the sides were fantastic, but my steak was overcooked.

Then, we went to a show and there were no reserved seats for us (despite what we were told), then the show cancelled at the last minute.

First world problems to be sure, but did not match what we were told to expect.

Plus, both times we called our Genie at the number she gave us, we got one of the other Genies.

Hoping service improves!

That is far and away my favorite view from every ship.. The mixed blues in the wake are so beautiful as it undulates behind.

[ATTACH]418283[/ATTACH]

Off to an early start today... did some work / emails, then 45 minutes at the gym.

I'm trying to keep my exercise and steps up so I can enjoy the food without gaining (too much) weight!

Today, we stop at Port Canaveral. We were going to go to Kennedy Space Center, but there will be too much traffic with today's launch.

So, we'll watch the launch from the ship and enjoy a quieter day aboard, maybe do some flow riding with DS.

We had a good night at the Residence Inn Newark Elizabeth.

Between the airport, highway and mall, I did not expect to see this outside my room this morning!

[ATTACH]

Nowhere in NJ is off-limits for our 4-legged "friends"...driving down just about any highway in the state during the rut is not for those squeamish at the site of dead deer.