Vista check in

Dacruiseman

Was able to snag a check-in time of 11:30-12:00 today for our Vista cruise out of Galveston on 10-14-18. Pretty stoked as FTTF is already sold out!:D

Thanks for the heads up! Just snagged 11:30-12 for my Horizon Oct 6th cruise. I had been checking almost daily.

How do you "snag" check-in time on an upcoming cruise? We are on the Vista Nov. 18 and FTTF is sold out for now. We have 7 cruises on Carnival and this is new to me.

Check-in time is part of your registration process -- names, payment method, etc. Check-in time will show up as part of that process about 4 t0 6 months prior to your cruise.It is the time you are scheduled to enter the terminal. It is not boarding time and has nothing to do with FTTF.

What does FTTF stand for?

Faster to the Fun is on Carnival and is an "excursion" at the home port. It costs $62.50 (I think) and gives you priority boarding, luggage delivered first and on tender ports priority debarkation which can be very helpful. Even though it may show sold out, you can continue to check regularly as they usually add additional spaces as you get closer to departure. It has to do with the number of platinum cruisers booked who automatically get preferred boarding, etc.

How do you "snag" check-in time on an upcoming cruise? We are on the Vista Nov. 18 and FTTF is sold out for now. We have 7 cruises on Carnival and this is new to me.

They start coming available about 6 months out in your online check-in.

Check-in time is part of your registration process -- names, payment method, etc. Check-in time will show up as part of that process about 4 t0 6 months prior to your cruise.It is the time you are scheduled to enter the terminal. It is not boarding time and has nothing to do with FTTF.

So I have the earliest time (11:30) and no FTTF. What time will I actually get to board?

You can board early but your room won't be ready so you have to keep any luggage items you carry on with you while you go to Lido to eat etc.

We buy fttf so we board and go straight to our room unpack and head to lunch.

We just got it for our Sept cruise. It used to be 49.99, it was 69.99 this time. We haven't cruised in awhile so must have went up.

What does FTTF stand for?

Faster to the Fun. It gets you priority check in and boarding, along with your cabin being ready as soon as you board, so you can drop off your bag and explore the ship without lugging your carry on until cabins open at 1-1:30. It gets you other perks, too, like priority tender into tender ports, and other things. It’s cost varies depending on length of cruise. It recently went up, and a 7 day cruise it will now cost $89.95.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can board early but your room won't be ready so you have to keep any luggage items you carry on with you while you go to Lido to eat etc.

We just got it for our Sept cruise. It used to be 49.99, it was 69.99 this time. We haven't cruised in awhile so must have went up.

Thanks for the heads up. FTTF is sold out so maybe I will change my time to later...

You are correct, the price has increased. The price now depends on the length of the cruise and ranges between $49.95 - $99.95.

So if you have already checked in and check-in time was not available to choose yet, where exactly will you find that option once it is available? Thanks!

So if you have already checked in and check-in time was not available to choose yet, where exactly will you find that option once it is available? Thanks!

Go back to "manage your cruises". Click on "online check in" and you will see "arrival appointment time" on the left side.

I just did ours since we are booked on the Vista and it wasn't available when I first checked in.

• 2 weeks later...

New to Carnival. And I cannot find anything on the website about FTTF. Can someone tell me where to look and is the cost pp or per booking. I ask as I am taking my kids and grandkids so wondering about the cost. We are not a small group. One blessed Grandma!

New to Carnival. And I cannot find anything on the website about FTTF. Can someone tell me where to look and is the cost pp or per booking. I ask as I am taking my kids and grandkids so wondering about the cost. We are not a small group. One blessed Grandma!

It is per cabin. So everyone in one cabin is covered under the one rate. For a 7 day cruise, it’s about $89.95. You will look in your excursions. It will be listed under Day One excursions. If not there, it has not been posted yet, because if it had been there, and then sold out, it would state “Sold Out”. I hope that helps. I’ve been “stalking” my account about 10X a day, waiting for it to pop up for my cruise in March 2019. My hubby would balk at the price, but I want to surprise him with it as an anniversary gift, as he HATES embarkation!! He detests long lines, and I feel our cruising days may be numbered if I can’t get around that aspect of cruising. To me, it’s no issue, as I’m just so happy and excited to be there. Not so with him. So, I’m praying I can grab it. It wasn’t something offered the last time we cruised Carnival back in 2007, sailing only RCCL and NCL since. On our last cruise in January, the lines were atrocious, and it took about 1 1/2 hours to check in. I thought he’d never let us cruise again.

There's a new embarkation process now with Carnival that I discovered this year through other Cruise Critic members. Check-in is now done on line. During that process you choose your "arrival time". From what I can tell it makes the entire process much easier and faster than before. FTTF is great if you are able to get it. I have been checking on a regular basis since February and it is still sold out for our cruise November '18. All of this information is available on your Carnival "Home" page Manage My Cruise.

Well this is new for me.. We're sailing on Vista next March, and I check every few days just to see if arrival time choices are available yet. I checked just now, and it says this:

"Online Check-In (Available Dec 3, 2018)"

That's exactly 3 months before we sail, and I've never had to wait that close to sailing to check in online. Is this something new?