Printing boarding passes/luggage tags

moki'smommy

There was a discussion a few weeks ago as to how long before embarkation Princess closed the personalizer for a cruise, making it impossible to print documents. Based on that, I saved the documents to a file on my computer so I'd always be able to access them.

I can now attest to the fact that less than 24 hours before check in, the docs are still available on the princess web site and can be printed from any computer. Totally easy--no need to e-mail file to myself, open e-mail on hotel computer, etc.

one of the things i noticed over the years, the boarding pass/luggage tags and other documents is available until midnight before embarkation day. make sure you have everything by 11:59pm , after the clocks ticks to 12am everything is unavailable.

one of the things i noticed over the years, the boarding pass/luggage tags and other documents is available until midnight before embarkation day. make sure you have everything by 11:59pm , after the clocks ticks to 12am everything is unavailable.

Thanks for the info.

Tony

I usually print about 10-14 days before the trip but why would you wait until the last minute? There is nothing to gain so why wait?

Because I don't have a working printer at home and the hotel we were using pre-cruise advertises one in their business center. I have need to print so rarely that the ink dries up in the printer, making it totally useless. After sever such events, I quit buying new printers. Yes, I could purchase a laser printer, but have not chosen to do so.

What about a local library, copy facility or even a makerspace or a friend?

Absolutely possible. I took a suggestion from this board and saved the needed documents to a folder on my computer, knowing that I'd have them regardless of what Princess did and planning to print at the hotel. Then when I got here, I decided to try to print from the Princess site as that was easier than e-mailing the file to myself and printing the e-mail. It worked. Problem solved.

Normally when I need to print something, I use a friend's office which is walking distance from my house. Sure, I could go to the library or the UPS store....but why? The hotel said they had it available. That also eliminated forgetting them, losing them, or whatever.