Day Use - 7 Mile Beach Grand Cayman

Sailor-man

Does anyone have any info on hotels that offer day-use facilities on Seven Mile Beach to cruisers. Cost and can this be arranged in advance.

I've read in some posts that the Hyatt offers day use ... and some recent posts that say they called all the hotels who say facilities are reserved for overnight guest only.

Can anyone share recent experience. I'll be on the Miracle in July ... and looking to arrange in advance. Have read the Hyatt is a good choice. :)

Whene we were there a couple years ago there was at least one FREE public beach, included changing room/bathroom facility. Not sparkling, for sure, but the same sand, water, and air, and a water fountain.

the taxis know about them.

We just returned from Grand Cayman last week. There is a public portion of beach called "Sea Grape" that is located on the Seven Mile beach. There will be a bus at the port that will take you there for $5 (each way).

There is no entrance fee to use the beach. They have restrooms, changing rooms, lockers, showers, etc. You can rent any type of water equipment that you would possibly need (jetski, kayak, etc.) We spent the day there and had a fabulous time. The sand is very clean, as is the water. It's a beatiful place that I highly recommend!

Does anyone have any info on hotels that offer day-use facilities on Seven Mile Beach to cruisers. Cost and can this be arranged in advance.

I've read in some posts that the Hyatt offers day use ... and some recent posts that say they called all the hotels who say facilities are reserved for overnight guest only.

Can anyone share recent experience. I'll be on the Miracle in July ... and looking to arrange in advance. Have read the Hyatt is a good choice. :)

Are you looking for a pool or just a beach? We like a pool as well as a beach, and loungers. The Hyatt is free for cruisers at least until their reno is done this spring. We plan to go there in March, so you're a bit later than us. We're on the Miracle too ... if there are no desserts left on your cruise, sorry, I ate them all.

The Cayman Activity Guide site tells about using the Hyatt, it's on the message board under a topic called something like Making The Best of One Day, and the thread is something like Free Day Use at the Hyatt. The CAG operator (Joe) says to mention the CAG site, and he lists the name of the hotel director who gave him this information. The resort does not want larger groups showing up, and may decline those, so ya gotta leave yer boozy friends somewhere else :-)

-Bob

Thanks Bob, I did check out the site but most of the replies are on the older side. Anybody know if this is still available or if you can at least purchase a day pass for the Hyatt?

We plan to try them on our March cruise if CAG says the deal's still on, when do you go?

We plan to try them on our March cruise if CAG says the deal's still on, when do you go?

We're on the 3/19 sailing of the Star Princess. Not quite sure what to do for the day as we've already done Stingray city on a Disney. cruise and then shopping and a few hours at 7 mile beach on another Disney cruise. It sounds like they've been having a lot of tendering problems in Grand Cayman so this may change what we do for the day.

We're on the 3/19 sailing of the Star Princess. Not quite sure what to do for the day as we've already done Stingray city on a Disney. cruise and then shopping and a few hours at 7 mile beach on another Disney cruise. It sounds like they've been having a lot of tendering problems in Grand Cayman so this may change what we do for the day.

Wow, close timing, we go the week before you, on the Miracle. So you'll be gone before we get back. But I'll be checking the Net in most of the ports, so if you want to, get my email off my profile, and send me a message Wed that week about the Hyatt and I'll reply and let you know how it went.

-Bob

Wow, close timing, we go the week before you, on the Miracle. So you'll be gone before we get back. But I'll be checking the Net in most of the ports, so if you want to, get my email off my profile, and send me a message Wed that week about the Hyatt and I'll reply and let you know how it went.

-Bob

Thanks Bob. I wrote down your email and Ill be sure to contact you. Hope all goes well and that you have a wonderful cruise!

Carolyn

Southward: Sure, I'd be glad to.

Carolyn: We hit Cayman Tues the 14, and I'll be on the net in Coz the next day for sure. Instead of the email in my profile use this instead, it's more reliable: DrMicro7 (and the "at" sign) and then Yahoo.ca I wrote it out so the spambots don't harvest it as easily. Send me a test message now if you want.

So you hit Coz too .... we're also thinking of a resort there, are you? Most are too much, around $40-50 p.p., we can't drink and eat up a hundred bucks in a few hours, but the El Cid La Ceiba offered lunch and drinks for $25 or no inclusions for $10. And guess what, their re-open date is the day we arrive. And the Reef Club was $30 p.p. all-incl. Most of the resorts are not open again yet. We've been spoiled by all the free resorts on the Mex Riv and other Caribb islands.

-Bob

Southward: Sure, I'd be glad to.

Carolyn: We hit Cayman Tues the 14, and I'll be on the net in Coz the next day for sure. Instead of the email in my profile use this instead, it's more reliable: DrMicro7 (and the "at" sign) and then Yahoo.ca I wrote it out so the spambots don't harvest it as easily. Send me a test message now if you want.

So you hit Coz too .... we're also thinking of a resort there, are you? Most are too much, around $40-50 p.p., we can't drink and eat up a hundred bucks in a few hours, but the El Cid La Ceiba offered lunch and drinks for $25 or no inclusions for $10. And guess what, their re-open date is the day we arrive. And the Reef Club was $30 p.p. all-incl. Most of the resorts are not open again yet. We've been spoiled by all the free resorts on the Mex Riv and other Caribb islands.

-Bob

Bob,

I just send you a text message. Its from User638477 so when you see that it's from me!

Both times we were on Cozumel in the past we went to Mr Sanchos beach club and loved it. We're going to go back there again this time around. I do know that lost some of their beach but they are back open and running. It doesn't cost anything to get in, you can use their table and chairs for free. They have a restaurant and full bar and the food is great. There were some great little shops there as well so you could do shopping, sunning, and drinking all in one spot. Go to http://www.mrsanchos.com and you can see all about it.

I love Cozumel and I'm hoping that they've recovered somewhat from Wilma as it's such a shame the damage that was done. Wilma entered through my county when she hit the US here in Florida so I don't have fond memories of her!! We were also supposed to go to Cancun on 11/4/05 and had to cancel that of course so it will be interesting to see Cozumel after a few months.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn, got your email and sent a reply, so we're all set up. I'm a bit ticked that we leave GC at 4pm, 5 or 6 would be nicer. At least it's not as early as the Princess cruises, they seem to leave mid afternoon. We're hoping to hit the Hyatt for lunch and drinks and leave about 2. I'll tell our waiter to watch out for you next week, big drinker and even bigger tipper :-)

If the Hyatt is a bust, plan B is the Comfort Suites, free for cruisers, and nice pool, but across the street from the beach, not as handy. Or the Marriott Courtyard, loungers are $8, but they're across the road from the beach too. Royal Palms is free but no pool, so is the Colony (Colonial) Beach Club but that's where the ship beach tours go, very crowded.

We're thinking of taking the bus, only $1.50, while a cab there is about $5 p.p. That would free up a few more beers!

Thx for the Coz tip about Sanchos. No pool?

-Bob

Hi Carolyn, got your email and sent a reply, so we're all set up. I'm a bit ticked that we leave GC at 4pm, 5 or 6 would be nicer. At least it's not as early as the Princess cruises, they seem to leave mid afternoon. We're hoping to hit the Hyatt for lunch and drinks and leave about 2. I'll tell our waiter to watch out for you next week, big drinker and even bigger tipper :-)

If the Hyatt is a bust, plan B is the Comfort Suites, free for cruisers, and nice pool, but across the street from the beach, not as handy. Or the Marriott Courtyard, loungers are $8, but they're across the road from the beach too. Royal Palms is free but no pool, so is the Colony (Colonial) Beach Club but that's where the ship beach tours go, very crowded.

We're thinking of taking the bus, only $1.50, while a cab there is about $5 p.p. That would free up a few more beers!

Thx for the Coz tip about Sanchos. No pool?

-Bob

We don't arrive into GC until noon and we're there until 7 pm, it's strange timing. Sea Grape beach is another beach club that is on the newer side and we're thinking of doing if the Hyatt doesn't work out.

Mr Sanchos has a small pool/spa, at least they did. There was such damage down there that I'm not too sure what shape anything is in. I did get an email from the manager there and she said they are working very hard to get the place back up to snuff.

The Marriott Hotel on 7 Mile has a day rate of $100 if they have a room available. You then have use of a hotel room as well as their facilities, i.e., pool, etc.

We stayed at the Regal Beach Club (condos) which is right next to the Marriott. The Marriott is a really nice facility. They have a nice gift shop, a bar by the pool and ocean, and restaurants. Our kids also rented wave runners from Red Sail (which has a booth at the Marriott) while we were there. The beach also was very nice, but not quite as big as the one at the place we were staying.

It's also an easy place to catch a cab, should you need one.

Uh oh, a day room sounds like trouble .... ya get in there changing clothes, yer eyes meet, that bed looks way softer and bigger than the ship bed, ya trip and fall in .....and after, you fall asleep and miss the ship! And $100 buys a lot of beers and rums.

Archived