Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Okay there you go!

Comment away!

Next week or so, I'll try to get a full collection of Chris' and Sweet P's.

I think it bodes well, and is interesting that so many people actually loved Chris the best.

Stupid judges apparently couldn't get past the "human hair".

(My thing is, you'll clip it, braid it, and glue it into your scalp for your hair extensions? But you won't wear it on the outside of your clothes? Contradictory much?)

The thing is the Project Runway rules state that no one can use fur.

So, Chris wanted a fur effect doing it in a "humane" "not breaking the rules" way.

I'm a big fan of his, so I'm hoping that he goes into a film/tv costume design realm. That way he can make a name, make money and do well for himself - but still do collections on the side.

Quite a few designers do this, and probably Jane110 and Blue Herons can think of specfic names that do or have done this...

I'm going to keep an ear to the ground and a lookout for him, so if I her things, I'll keep you all updated as I know you all like him a lot.

PS Did you all catch Jack and his boyfriend (as I reported earlier this year) Dale (runner up from last season's Top Chef) in the audience?

I missed the collection, winning episode..loved most all..lucky

rate_runway_38_414.jpg

cuisewear! (and I think this is the one that Jane110 wants!)

(Could you imagine was a great response you'd get if you wore this on a cruise?!?)

Curt,

You know me toooo well! You're spot on!

Between the gorgeous color perfect for my red hair & complexion, the chic fabric manipulation which channels my love of sculpture, and enough material to hide my butt, this is my number one choice as a dress that I would personally love to own.

We could shop together anytime! :)

Oh....I have to tell you this, (but hope this doesn't jinx it), DH and I have created a new company which involves fashion and technology and someone I know that feels it's a home run is going to try to set up a meeting for us to present it to Tim Gunn!!! How exciting is that?????

Keep your fingers crossed that we meet him and he says, "I love it. Let's make it work." !!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Curt,

You know me toooo well! You're spot on!

Between the gorgeous color perfect for my red hair & complexion, the chic fabric manipulation which channels my love of sculpture, and enough material to hide my butt, this is my number one choice as a dress that I would personally love to own.

We could shop together anytime! :)

Oh....I have to tell you this, (but hope this doesn't jinx it), DH and I have created a new company which involves fashion and technology and someone I know that feels it's a home run is going to try to set up a meeting for us to present it to Tim Gunn!!! How exciting is that?????

Keep your fingers crossed that we meet him and he says, "I love it. Let's make it work." !!!!!!

Good for you! Can I be on the show,I'll do anything.:p

Nina Garcia was let go from Elle Magazine Friday (March 11th) due to clashes w/ Creative Director Joe Dee that have been going on for months.

Apparently, the two can't play nicely together and he doesn't play nicely with many.

Here's a story when it was only a rumor about Garcia being auf'ed from Elle.

http://jezebel.com/gossip/under-the-covers/jennifer-schonborn-out-at-elle-is-nina-garcia-next-255537.php

However, Elle loves the publicity that having Garcia on Project Runway gives them, so they might have her retain a title of "Editor at Large" so she can still sit on the Project Runway panel saying she's from Elle even though she's not really there.

Gee, I'd love a job where I got paid not to show up! :D

• 1 month later...

Just to give everybody a "heads up" here...

It's going to be a jam packed year for Project Runway.:D

Season Five will begin in July 2008 on Bravo.

(This way the final will coincide with the Fall Fashion Week).

Then it's switching over to the Lifetime network for Season Six.

Here are the wacky rumors right now, but they're feeling fairly strong to me.;)

It will air on Lifetime in November of 2008, so only about a month after Season Five ends.

Then, because it is so quick, they will be using All-Stars from the previous seasons! Imagine some of the personalities from several seasons all in the same work room.:eek:

This way it will coincide with the Spring Fashion Week.

Final good news is that the show has a contract to run for 5 more years.

Get ready.

I am a Project Runway fanatic!

Someone mentioned they wished they saw the SNL skit on Christian. It is HYSTERICAL. My boyfriend and I watched the SNL skit like 30 times and cried laughing. Amy looks IDENTICAL to Christian!!

It is on YouTube. Go see it!!

A couple of inside scoops...

RE: Productions Teams (Jane110's question).

They change production teams when they go to Lifetime, so this is the last season of the current production team.

As you know, one of the favorite things of this production team (as they do Top Chef as well) they like to create drama, and edit "villains" into the show even when it isn't there.

So, they are going out of their way to find and edit some "good drama producing" villains for this season. I personally don't like when they so this, but it's their thing.

We'll see how successful they are this season, since they are trying so hard for explosive this last season that they get their hands on it.

So, just be aware if we start seeing some really bad villain edits, watch it with a skeptical eye, as it's probably no where near as bad or dramatic as they are editing.

Other buzz - far away, and anything can happen (she could drop out at the last minute) - but there is buzz building that Nicole Kidman is going to make an appearance this season.

If that's the case, and it comes to fruition, then I expect a major production for her as a guest judge (finals?) or some major something that she is promoting.

We shall see if it happens.

• 4 weeks later...

One more day, are you setting your DVRs?

I don't want to spoil too much - but the quest judges look pretty good/interesting this season.

They're already filming up to the pre-finals.

They are approximately just sending the finalists home now to work on their collections.

Fashion week will be September 12th (so later that day will be when the first picture leaks begin).

I think they're going to have to slide around or adjust their current TV showing schedule to accommodate (so expect schedule changes up to the last minute).

I also won't be surprised if there are more finalists or something, like last year. Maybe they have to go back and several make collections before they choose the final three or something.

The challenges seem to be a little bit more appropriate for real people, real situations (along with a few wacky ones).

The contestants are supposedly as talented as last season - so we'll see.

I fully expect them to push and edit "the drama" this one, because it's the last season on Bravo.

We'll see.

:cool:

Another thing...

We'll see if they edit this, but there seems to be a very polar group.

Most are either more edgy (in their design ideas/inspirations)

Betsey Johnson, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Thierry Mugler, Vivienne Westwood

or very conservative (in their design ideas/inspirations)

Balenciaga, Marc Jacobs, Valentino, Calvin Klein.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of middle ground.

Also lots of graduates from FIT, FIDM, and Parsons (so all very accomplished).

Someone mentioned they wished they saw the SNL skit on Christian. It is HYSTERICAL. My boyfriend and I watched the SNL skit like 30 times and cried laughing. Amy looks IDENTICAL to Christian!!

It is on YouTube. Go see it!!

Please post a link to this video if possible. I searched on Youtube and can't find it. :(

Please post a link to this video if possible. I searched on Youtube and can't find it.

It's not on any more. Saturday Night Live has been getting really on top of pulling any of their clips that are from the current seasons.:(

Older ones, they don't seem to mind about.

In the meantime, to tide you over...

Click here for my favorite cartoon "guilty pleasure" Planet Unicorn.:D

http://www.planetunicorn.tv/episode04.htm

Episode 4 (Model) Fantasies of a modeling career cause the unicorns to overlook their friendship.

Then Mad TV Project Runway Spoof:eek:

"Only one can be the weiner".

"I love babies. I'm going to make this baby look dope".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upVwAqCM7fg

Just make sure there are no little kids or uptight bosses around, Mad TV can be a bit "edgier" than SNL and definitely not PC.

;)

Hi Curt,:) I went to the Bravo site and read about the designers.

You are right....many of them have some type of school listed

in their bios....I had never looked at the site before. Quite interesting

really. Do you have an early favorite? Yes, I know the show has

not aired yet but you seem to have an insider's view on things.

Not sure I will be home by 9:00...and no, I don't have a DVD, VCR,

or TEVO.....oh well. Having a family dinner this evening.

I know they will repeat it over the week. If I miss it tonite I will

catch it sometime before next Wednesday.

Loved Kelly and the bleached/dyed vacuum cleaner bag dress!! Loved Daniel's plastic cup dress (not so much that I'd wear it but he did a great job with the material) -- another talented Daniel.

A lot of the others are still lumped together in my mind. Hopefully I'll get a chance to watch this eppy again before the next show.

Here it is. Be patient and give it time to load.

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/play.shtml?mea=227155

LOL!:D

That's it!

That explains why they are pulling things off of YouTube.

They're putting them as exclusive content on their won NBC website.

Actually a very smart and forward thinking move for NBC.

Thanks Jumbiecruiser!

;)