Project Runway?

BlueHerons

An aside: I find the number of commercials :mad:.

I had my Thursday night viewing interrupted and watched the parts I missed

ON DEMAND. Every commercial break was 5 minutes long and came every 7 minutes. The ON DEMAND running time is 90 minutes, the same as first run.

There are too many commercials, it seems that they extended to 90 minutes only to add more commercials.

That's why I always record the show and zip right through those commercials. I also skip the "previously," "coming up," and "next week." I hate being shown what I'm going to see/have seen.

After watching the designers present their creations when auditioning for the show, I was excited to see someone like Timothy and had great hopes for him.

I still do, however I wonder about him selling out so quickly to using an electric sewing machine after the comments he made on the first episode. Plus, backing down from the judges and now having hair and makeup on his models. I hope he comes up with clothing that is more innovative and stylish and...different than we've ever seen before on PR. Not that I liked what he did to his first model, she's such a pretty girl and he made her look so sloppy, but there has got to be something new and different. A true designer is innovative and doesn't compromise themselves.

If he does the same work in subsequent weeks from now, get rid of him and make room for those who want to design.

The B of the season has got to be the Russian guy. There is no excuse to not know how to operate equipment (but he's not the only one guilty of that). His temper tantrums are ridiculous to watch and I'm embarrassed for him. I'm so over clothing that is 2 sizes too small for the person wearing them that he has done in both episodes, so tasteless and cheap looking.

I love that they are managing their own budgets and especially, the team thing is not repeated. I'm sure they will throw in a team challenge somewhere, but really prefer they stand on their own. I can't wait to see who separates from the crowd and rises to the top!

For those who have not yet watched, listen for Sandro's comment about women listening to men. It ticked me off as much as Ven's comment about his client being fat a couple of years ago.

I agreed with the winning team (although I would have given it to the other member of the team) and the loser most definitely needed to go!

For those who have not yet watched, listen for Sandro's comment about women listening to men. It ticked me off as much as Ven's comment about his client being fat a couple of years ago.

I agreed with the winning team (although I would have given it to the other member of the team) and the loser most definitely needed to go!

He pissed me off too! He's a very annoying guy. I'm also glad about who lost. I don't think he's a polished enough designer for the show.

I agree with the winning choice also and I feel that if the one member that said the other should win thought SHE deserved it she would have said it so I'm satisfied with the winner. I actually really liked the pants and vest outfit. It looked like real clothes!

He pissed me off too! He's a very annoying guy. I'm also glad about who lost. I don't think he's a polished enough designer for the show.

I agree with the winning choice also and I feel that if the one member that said the other should win thought SHE deserved it she would have said it so I'm satisfied with the winner. I actually really liked the pants and vest outfit. It looked like real clothes!

I did too! The jacket and top were amazing. I wonder if the pants had been a different color if they would have made the top two.

I did too! The jacket and top were amazing. I wonder if the pants had been a different color if they would have made the top two.

You may be right about the color-although they did a great sewing job on those pants in that junky fabric!

I've been meaning to ask -- isn't Belk's a giant step down from Lord & Taylor? We don't have one where I live. At least that I know of.

I thought the monster dress was just adorable. And weren't they a great team? Of course the winner was incredible.

I watched the show finally. Sandro is probably so popular with the producers with the extreme rude remarks he makes. As far as the next one out, he would be my pick.

But it's all about the drama. The clothing design seems secondary.

I'm fine with Timothy going home, he was such a disappointment. I think we're already seeing some who are rising to the top. Can't recall names...yet.

I've been meaning to ask -- isn't Belk's a giant step down from Lord & Taylor? We don't have one where I live. At least that I know of.

I thought the monster dress was just adorable. And weren't they a great team? Of course the winner was incredible.

I like Belk (and their prices) but they are definitely not on the level of Lord and Taylor, more like Macy's but mainly in the south.

I like Belk (and their prices) but they are definitely not on the level of Lord and Taylor, more like Macy's but mainly in the south.

Where in Virginia are you? The only Belk near us is in Suffolk and it's a lot lower level than Kohls. We lived in Florida for a while and the Belk there was equivalent to Macy's. Guess they're either going down hill or regionally different. I think there's one in Williamsburg that is supposed to be better... I should try.

I'm glad Timothy is gone. He was sweet, but somewhat delusional. :)

I thought the monster dress looked like something a 3 year old would love to wear.

I agree--and maybe it was part of the design, but it looked crooked. Not asymmetrical on purpose, but crooked by mistake. And the mustache--totally in the wrong place, if you know what I mean. ;)

Where in Virginia are you? The only Belk near us is in Suffolk and it's a lot lower level than Kohls. We lived in Florida for a while and the Belk there was equivalent to Macy's. Guess they're either going down hill or regionally different. I think there's one in Williamsburg that is supposed to be better... I should try.

I'm glad Timothy is gone. He was sweet, but somewhat delusional. :)

I'm just north of Richmond and usually go to the Belk in Fredericksburg. It is a good size and I usually end up with at least one thing I like. I have been to the Williamsburg store many (maybe 10) years ago and it was fine then. I think the region has a lot to do with the store. The Macy's that is 10 minutes from me is not nearly as nice as the one that is 25 minutes away.

I agree--and maybe it was part of the design, but it looked crooked. Not asymmetrical on purpose, but crooked by mistake. And the mustache--totally in the wrong place, if you know what I mean. ;)

It was very Japanese "street" fashion. I actually liked the pants outfit better.

Am I the only one who is getting a bit tired of the "unconventional challenges"? I think one a season is plenty and I really think that it becomes a bigger challenge to sew with the "materials" rather than a design challenge.

I didn't think that the loosing dress/vest was all that aweful. I think personally that they were just tired of Timothy's lack of ability to either sew or be sophisticated in design.

I thought the Domo inspired dress was cute but also wasn't terribly sophisticated either. I thought the pants/top done by one of the other teams was though sigh....

As for Sandro...he is a mess! Somewhere there he has the talent but it seems he is out to sabotage himself with his childish behavior, vulgar language and condescending attitude toward women and almost anyone who isn't "him". I think he is horribly insecure and probably has been picked on in the past so he makes sure that he gets in the first stab!

I think this team thing always breaks down when the team doesn't get along and as long as they do these team challenges it's gonna be that way!

I was surprised they did two unconventional challenges, especially so close together.

From the previews, it looks like Sandro is going to throw another tantrum (or three) next week. They show him walking off - I hope he doesn't come back.

bye bye Sandro and hope he gets some help with his anger!

They picked the winner right this week. Very clever use of the ties and he does beautiful work! Looks like we are looking at the top three from those who had the highest scores...wouldn't surprise me if they are in the finals.

Unless things change I predict that Sue, Helen and the former military girl are the next three to go although sometimes someone manages to coast through because one of the middle group makes a BIG mess with a design.

And for next week another unconventional challenge? :confused:

What is going on? I know Heidi loves those as she has mentioned it many times.

All I will say for now is, "Good riddance!"

What is with next week and another unconventional challenge?:confused: Are they going to do one every other week?

I agree, I actually went yesssssssssssssssssss!

I actually like the unconventional challenges:o

I rather liked Sandro. He can be loud and rather obnoxious but I also noticed he was the one Helen went to for comfort after Tim sorta gave her a bad review. I thoroughly understood his frustration with no feedback on his work, too.

I guess I have worked with so many people like that (advertising, creative side), emotional displays don't bother me. Sandro's portfolio was amazing -- if you like highly revealing, intricately designed outfits. He even showed Joan Rivers in one of his outfits (thankfully, not revealing).

But the highlight of the show was Brandon's marriage proposal. And his partner's counter proposal. I cried.