Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Christian = Daniel Vosovick 2.0

That and what you say above is exactly why I'm thinking Jillian for the win, as I mentioned weeks ago.

ROFLMAO!! That is so true about Christian!

I'm wondering though if Rami isn't the better candidate to win? Jullian is too whiny and doesn't seem to have the drive Rami has.

Of all the finalists beside Santino, I think he has the most to gain by winning and will not sit on his ass with the prize.

ROTFL!:D

I never said she dresses well!

I said: Also fun side note - Victoria Beckham will be the final guest judge, so she is VERY out there and fashion forward.

Meaning - whatever, and literally whatever is the newest thing on the runway, she wants to be the first to wear it. If she could rip the stuff off some of the models before they hit the end of the catwalk she would!:eek:

Doesn't matter what it looks like, just as long as she is "first"!

And she is so strongly opinionated in this "forward" thinking, that I do think it will affect the judging.

Okay, I'll agree with "out there" but not "Fashion Forward". If any of her picks are fashion forward, then it's pur coincidence. She picks what will make her like a train wreck - impossible not to look at.

I think she's a really, really poor choice as a judge. She knows nothing about the fashion business. A judge should be someone from the industry who understands the business from all aspects. Isaac Mizrahi, Norma Kamali - people who knew the struggle and were considered "out there" designers are best suited IMHO.

With her as judge, we know she's going to vote to Christian.

Personally, I think Jillian should win. Though I think Christian is a fantastic designer, he still needs a lot of maturing. Jillian is a great designer also, yet also understands the business of designing a lot more.

I'm disappointed that Rami is in instead of Chris.

Victoria was in Chicago a few weeks ago promoting her line of jeans at Saks ......(looks like you have to have very long and skinny legs to wear!) It wasn't reported if she smiled.

I'm fairly confident that she's had something Botoxed. Not to stop wrinkles, but to remove her ability to smile. She's like Posh Spice, who also appears to have had that done. Although, I did see someone's blog post with a camera phone that was a short series of shots of Posh actually smiling. Which led to the consideration that she was once told not to, because she does lose some of her Prosh-ness when she smiles and looks a bit more human.

I still maintain she's an alien.

Victoria was in Chicago a few weeks ago promoting her line of jeans at Saks ......(looks like you have to have very long and skinny legs to wear!) It wasn't reported if she smiled.

I actually have and like a pair of her Rock & Republic jeans. I would bet my next paycheck she didn't 'design' them.

I'm fairly confident that she's had something Botoxed. Not to stop wrinkles, but to remove her ability to smile. She's like Posh Spice, who also appears to have had that done.

Um, aren't Victoria Beckham and Posh Spice one and the same?

Um, aren't Victoria Beckham and Posh Spice one and the same?

Yes they are and I was not clear. I'm sorry. I meant Victoria from PR and that just all came out wrong. Again, sorry. It's sort of been a bad day today.

don't read yet if you haven't seen tonite's episode!!!!

No shocker - she lurved Christian.

Seeing the collections come down the runway, I was impressed with all 3, but I thought Rami should have won. Christian's was my least favorite as it felt really overworked to me. I loved the individua pieces in Jillian's collection but it definitely wasn't cohesive.

No shocker - she lurved Christian.

She's an obnoxious boor. Simply an "it's all about me" type. A VERY poor candidate as judge IMHO. I knew she'd pick Christian because her selfishness only allows her to pick a designer who's clothes she personally loves. She has no scope.

She was already making deals with him 10 seconds after he won to make her a free wardrobe.

Seeing the collections come down the runway, I was impressed with all 3, but I thought Rami should have won. Christian's was my least favorite as it felt really overworked to me. I loved the individua pieces in Jillian's collection but it definitely wasn't cohesive.

I thought Jillian should have won.

Christian's was over designed. Certainly spectacular and fantastic but he needs more seasoning.

Rami's was gorgeous, however, Nina's right, he has no color sense. I can't help but wonder if he's color blind. He choices of color are definitely K-Mart style mass retailer and lack the elegance he has in his fabric selection, his style and his construction. His olive green gown was amazing!

I would love to have a dress by Rami, his two gowns and cocktail dresses were amazing. I bet he goes on to have a great career in fashion with his gowns. I did like Jillians too...Ramis was my favorite. Christian's was really nice but only a few select people could wear them. He is from Annapolis and used to work at the salon where I got my haircut. He is still friends with the people that own the salon where I go now. The girl that does my hair said he was such a preppy kid while he was there.....she had such nice things to say about him. I hope he does well....he already has at least one customer. What a sourpuss she is.....

Cant wait for next season!

Take care,

sandi

I'm still watching the show right now so don't even know the winner.:eek: The one thing that really struck me while watching the runway shows was the models. They just didn't seem to be very smooth, several of them seemed to be about to fall over as they got to the end of the runway and they didn't seem to be able to handle the shoes and look graceful. Was this just me or did others have the same impression?

Ok, now I'm done watching. I'm glad Jillian didn't win, I just didn't think her designs were up to par with the others. I wish Rami had won, his designs were more elegant, intricate and certainly clothing that more woman could wear. Too bad these opinions are coming from someone who cries when she walks in a department store because she doesn't know how to shop for clothing for herself!! LOL

I was completely happy with the decisions of the judges... and the order, too. Jillian's was my least favorite.

But, that said, I thought all three collections were miles ahead of previous years in complexity and detail. These guys really worked hard on their collections. They were organized (none of that "still sewing" nonsense of previous years). They were calm. There was no drama. They were each impressive.

Did you notice that the show omitted any "surprise, we want one more outfit" foolishness? I bet all three of these designers brought extra looks. They were certainly much farther along at the time of Tim's visits than previous years. I could easily imagine them thinking ahead and having some options (in the weasel bag, as we say) depending on what their models were like.

Christian is fierce. I think his collection could stand against pretty much any designer out there today. Do I like it for me? Nope. Is it wearable for most people? Nope. But that's not what runway shows are about. They're about clothing design as art.

That young man is an artist, a craftsman, and a dang hard worker. He even showed some humility (you could tell he thought the other collections were good). He's got the whole package. And he's only 21.

Let's hope celebrity doesn't ruin it all for him.

I have to say that I have mixed feelings about this one. When I saw Christian's show, I couldn't help feeling that he has the most overall talent of the bunch. Sure, some of his designs were overblown, but I thought quite a few of them were sheer genius. I'm no fashion expert, but "serious talent" definitely went through my mind. The one thing that bothers me is that he is so young -- does he really deserve the win and know how to leverage it?

Some of Rami's designs were gorgeous, but I was a left feeling a little disappointed -- I guess I was expecting more. His long gowns were fantastic though, I would wear just about any of them (well, maybe not the black one that he also showed last week) in a heartbeat. Did anyone else notice that he didn't end up showing the coat that got criticized so much last week? I still think he has a great future ahead of him.

Jillian's collection -- yes, it was interesting and clearly wearable. However, it was individual pieces I was noticing, not an overall group that fit together. I did like that long black flowy pantsuit of hers -- great for a cruise.

So in the end, my feelings were that if you were to reward talent, Christian should win. And if you were to reward hard work and dedication, Rami should win. I wonder how much things like Victoria Beckham's opinion influences the end decision and also I noticed that the fan vote was in Christian's favor....

I loved Jillian's, collection, it was my favorite of the night. So sad that she lost, I would wear anything she showed. Christians is more high end, not fashion that you can wear in the real world. And that white neck piece he made really bothered me, I thought it made his model look like she had a Santa Claus beard.

According to CJW's comments on how previous non-winners are doing, even though Rami or Jillian didn't get the brass ring, they'll probably do notable things in the fashion world as well:)

Last night's decision was most likely a result of the guest "judge" having her vote weighted more. And that business, like Jane said, about making a deal barely 10 seconds after the announcement, speaks for itself...well herself.

So, I didn't even listen to my own insider info, and Christian wins!

I knew that having Victoria Beckham as a judge was going to make a big impact, as she is very strong and forceful in her personality; (that's why I gave you all a preview of her earlier) and I didn't take into context that - duh! - Christian's is exactly the kind of "over the top, look at me, fashion statement" kind of work she loves!

(And ROTFLOL she will go out shopping or something in any one of Christian's outfits, right off the runway - like I told you about her before).

I do know now that it was her unquestionable enthusiasm for Christian that gave him the win.

Jillian actually got the most buzz in the industry as someone with a workable sellable collection (and the most creative and new silhouettes).

Rami got the buzz for evening wear.

That being said, if you all are patient (as this is going to take a while)...

Sit back and hold your comments, and I'll put up the pics of all the collections...

Be patient!