Outside Photographers - Royal Caribbean

ToodlezC

I am planning a destination wedding in the Bahamas off of Royal Caribbean - Mariner of the Seas. We are not planning on using Royal Weddings for their service.

We would like to bring our own photographer to document our experience, get candids of our friends and family at the first dinner, hanging out on the boat together, as well as offshore excursion on CocoCay.

Has anyone had any experience doing this / what issues hurdles RC might have that I should be prepared for? Can RC stop us from doing this?

Thank you!

they would be treated as any other passenger on board. and keep in mind that ports change or get canceled and if island A is missed, there goes your wedding. a year or so ago, thats exactly what happened to the bride. she didn't want to fly so she took a cruise, while the rest of the wedding party etc flew in to the island. the port got skipped for whatever reason. no wedding for her. and no refunds on any of the expenses.

While having your own photogs should not be an issue, no way would I do a destination wedding arriving via cruise ship. Ports can get missed and then where would you be? An Coco Cay gets missed more than most as long as they continue to have to use tenders to take guests ashore. Even after the pier is finished I still would not do this.

Thank you for your input

We were planning on doing the destination wedding in Nassau, Bahamas.We are definitely very concerned with the risk of missing port, but I guess hoping for the best? I may separately post a new thread to find out about other brides' experience and how they coped.

Does anyone know if there are statistics anywhere to see scheduled cruise ship arrivals VS actual arrivals in a given month?

We would like to bring our own photographer to document our experience... Can RC stop us from doing this?

Your photographer is a guest on the cruise ship, correct? She or he will look like any other guest, just with a nicer camera. ;) How can RCI stop you from taking pictures?

We were planning on doing the destination wedding in Nassau, Bahamas.

Is this a legal ceremony or more of a sentimental one? My actual question is have you researched the legality of it and will you have a minister or Justice of the Peace at your wedding to perform the ceremony?