My OBC got taken away [emoji849]

The way I see it is if you are happy with the first cruise you paid for I don't look back and see if there are price drops. Sometimes it is not worth it to do all the changing around. But that is me.

I don't know. Our upcoming cruise the rate dropped twice. Once by a total of $50 and once by only $30. In each case I filled out the price protection form online, and had a response and OBC within an hour. It literally took five minutes. Even if it's only $30, that's worth five minutes of my time (to me, anyway).
I do it all the time. Its one phone call and has saved me hundreds over the years. You should really check it out. I won't do it for OBC anymore, but price drops yes. I won't pay more for something I don't have to.

I agree with ParrotRob and missholly and have said the same. That sentiment has been posted quite a few times recently and I don't see what's wrong with seeking a price reduction. Yes, we booked a cruise at the original rate and obviously accepted it at the time, but we sure as heck aren't going to turn down the opportunity to get it for less. It won't ruin our cruise if we miss a price reduction, but we're sure not going to pass up the chance. We saved ~$200 a couple years ago and $105 this time (so far). That's definitely worth the few minutes it took me to fill out the form.

For those of you that have better things to do than attack and act like you are something special on here, I appreciate your valuable input. [emoji3] as for the rest of you, if you actually read what I said, I didn’t blame anyone and literally said that I changed the room and it was gone. So, yah it’s annoying. Pretty sure I didn’t say anything was ruined or that I blamed anyone. I feel bad for your fellow passengers who are stuck on a boat with you because it’s bad enough being on the same site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you expect Carinval to spoon feed you on everything you are supposed to be aware of, you would still be on the phone listening at midnight. Carnival cannot read your mind what you know or don't know. Unless Carnival deliberately misleads you, it is up to you as a buyer/consumer to do your own research, ask questions and read up on your cruise contact and policies if you are unsure of the answers. Instead of getting mad, be happy you now have a balcony instead of interior cabin to enjoy your cruise.

Based on some of the comments here, especially where posters expect the Carnival customer representative to "warn" them, I shutter to think how badly those same posters get taken advantage of when they purchase a car (or similar item)

OUCH ! :eek:

Remember, the Carnival reps are salespeople and they have their jobs with the expectation from Carnival that they generate revenue for the company, 1st and foremost ! Buyer Beware !

PVPs don't work on commission so there is no incentive for them not to inform customers.

For those of you that have better things to do than attack and act like you are something special on here, I appreciate your valuable input. [emoji3] as for the rest of you, if you actually read what I said, I didn’t blame anyone and literally said that I changed the room and it was gone. So, yah it’s annoying. Pretty sure I didn’t say anything was ruined or that I blamed anyone. I feel bad for your fellow passengers who are stuck on a boat with you because it’s bad enough being on the same site.
We took our first cruise in 2016. I spent a year & a half on the old Carnival Funville forums before the cruise. I literally began to think we had made a big mistake choosing a cruise vacation because of the people in that forum (similar to CC). I thought, if cruisers are like this, I don't want to be stuck on a ship with them for days. Thankfully, the attitude on board was, for the most part, much different than on the forum. I suspect there's a lot of internet courage flowing heavily on these boards. Here, the ones with bad attitudes just like to hear themselves talk, so to speak, and crave the attention they get from being trolls. On board the ships, I think they're in the minority and get drown out by the nicer folks. That and they don't have the nerve to say half the things to people in person as they do on the internet. It does feel like it's been getting worse around here lately.