Riviera Deck suites (Crown)

Murphey

I would definitely avoid any cabin that is under where deck chairs are set up. The noise from dragging the chairs out of the way to clean the deck at night, then dragging them back into position to set up for morning is very annoying if you're a light sleeper. This would apply for any ship and whatever deck is below Lido.

We were on the Crown in October of 2017...we had one of the sideways rooms on the Riviera deck under the pool...I am a light sleeper and did not hear the chairs at all. Granted it was a cooler itinerary but the chairs were still moved in and out each day. The only noise I heard was from the employee area that ran behind and next to our cabin. it would happen in the am...luckily I was already awake.

See my post below from a thread asking to how to decide between C749 and R406.

I would also opt for a Vista, preferably on Dolphin deck because of a larger balcony and less are noise than on Emerald deck. We have not sailed in a Caribe deck suite but have been in a Dolphin deck vista suite and in R405.

The Riviera deck balconies are too narrow to have the lounge chairs facing the ocean and there is only room for a small table and two chairs for dining on your balcony. The overhang from the Lido deck above extends 4-5 feet from your balcony rail so that your balcony is always in the shad e and you really can’t see the sky above.

I believe that the Caribe deck aft balconies are similar to the Dolphin deck balconies. There is a larger table and four chairs. The balcony is deep enough for the lounge chairs to face the ocean with room for a small table between them. The aft balconies are fully covered but with no overhang. Depending upon the direction of travel, you should have some sun and some shade every day.

I would rate the Riviera deck ️’s, the Caribe deck ️-️’s, and the Dolphin deck ️’s for Princess suite balconies. The owner’s suite balconies on the Pacific are ️’s for Princess suite balconies.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My very first suite experience was on Crown for our 25 anniversary. Was offered a great buy up (folks it pays to give Princess your key dates) but worried that the cabin R404 might not be great. Fretted about it for weeks.

Completely needless worry. We had a FABULOUS time and heard not even a single footstep from above. I wouldn't say we're overly sensitive to noise, but enough so to have worried a bit. No factor though.

Enjoy!

Jon